Poachers! what a shame!

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

remmag
500 Club

Poachers! what a shame!

Unread postby remmag » Fri May 08, 2015 7:35 pm

[ Post made via Android ] Image

remmag
500 Club

Re: Poachers! what a shame!

Unread postby remmag » Fri May 08, 2015 7:36 pm

remmag
500 Club

Unread postby remmag » Fri May 08, 2015 7:44 pm

Started scouting a new parcel a few weeks ago and found this when I pulled into the parking lot. Counted 8 deer total. All were shot and then skinned and then dumped with ALL meat still left on the carcass and all 8 skinned hides were also dumped in a pile next to the carcasses. Make any sense to anybody? Went through the trouble of dragging 8 deer out of the woods and then skinning them for nothing? They were all very small deer, about the size of a large Labrador. Found 3 more in the same condition during gun season just a couple hundred yards down the road in a pile on private property next to the road. Debating on whether or not I should report it to the DNR???

remmag
500 Club

Unread postby remmag » Fri May 08, 2015 7:48 pm

Did find a deadhead though during the scout which made my day 8-)

Dhurtubise
500 Club
Facebook: dhurtubise

Unread postby Dhurtubise » Fri May 08, 2015 11:07 pm

I'd report it for sure.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sat May 09, 2015 4:14 am

I would report it, but in my opinion it probably falls more under the description of slob hunters than it does poaching. Probably let the meat get bad then dumped it.
Dhurtubise
500 Club

Unread postby Dhurtubise » Sat May 09, 2015 5:33 am

dan wrote:I would report it, but in my opinion it probably falls more under the description of slob hunters than it does poaching. Probably let the meat get bad then dumped it.

Dan, I agree - slob hunters for sure, but that's 11 deer in total. How many can one person kill in Michigan in one season?
remmag
500 Club

Unread postby remmag » Sat May 09, 2015 5:45 am

Dhurtubise wrote:
dan wrote:I would report it, but in my opinion it probably falls more under the description of slob hunters than it does poaching. Probably let the meat get bad then dumped it.

Dan, I agree - slob hunters for sure, but that's 11 deer in total. How many can one person kill in Michigan in one season?

We can kill as many does as we want here, I believe the rule is were allowed to buy up to 2 doe tags a day. This is what the MI DNR call management! And then they turn around and make pathetic excuses on why our deer herd is struggling....

dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Sat May 09, 2015 5:49 am

I started seeing the same things when they started Earn-a-buck and unlimeted tags around here... People were taking there tags off and dumping them all over.
Dhurtubise
500 Club

Unread postby Dhurtubise » Sat May 09, 2015 7:05 am

ok. I guess it makes sense. Deer are pretty hard to come by up here. I've never come up on a wasted one, although I think the wolves being on the carcasses so quick probably makes it hard to find if you find a wasted animal.
remmag
500 Club

Unread postby remmag » Sat May 09, 2015 8:43 am

dan wrote:I started seeing the same things when they started Earn-a-buck and unlimeted tags around here... People were taking there tags off and dumping them all over.

And these reports and stories are exactly what anti hunting organizations look for to try and bring us down while the slob hunters are just feeding there fire. Don't understand the mindset some guys have who can do this, same with emptying piles of trash and tires into public parking lots or down back roads

Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat May 09, 2015 9:23 am

remmag wrote:
dan wrote:I started seeing the same things when they started Earn-a-buck and unlimeted tags around here... People were taking there tags off and dumping them all over.

And these reports and stories are exactly what anti hunting organizations look for to try and bring us down while the slob hunters are just feeding there fire. Don't understand the mindset some guys have who can do this, same with emptying piles of trash and tires into public parking lots or down back roads

One time I saw a pile of about 20 skinned coon carcases pile up on the edge of a parking area on public land. People like that are the slobs we need to turn in to protect our rights. Anti's love that kind of stuff to push their agenda.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
remmag
500 Club

Unread postby remmag » Sat May 09, 2015 11:52 am

No need for the negativity. I believe the actual limit is 10 tags.still, that's a ridiculous amount considering the amount of hunters in this state. If I'm still wrong about the limit # how about educating me and the rest of MI hunters here instead of just being rude. This site was made for education and good minded hunters. Welcome to the beast! 8-)

dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Sat May 09, 2015 12:04 pm

Not even close to the truth. Pick up a rule book and read it someday before you make dumb comments.

Your new here, so you might not understand, but this ain't A.T. we treat people with respect... If someone has a fact wrong, feel free to correct him, but do so with respect if you want to remain on this board.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”