Show me your kitties!!!

Bow, Game, Great Lakes, Ice, Pan, Ocean/Sea, Trout
  • Advertisement

HB Store

NorthStar
500 Club

Show me your kitties!!!

Unread postby NorthStar » Sun May 08, 2022 8:07 am

I thought we could start a picture sharing thread dedicated to catfish! Here a are a few pictures from last year. Can’t wait for the flatheads to wake up in my area!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

“The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭12:27‬ ‭NIV‬‬
oldrank

Re: Show me your kitties!!!

Unread postby oldrank » Sun May 08, 2022 8:16 am

Nice flathead!!!
Ghost Hunter

Unread postby Ghost Hunter » Sun May 08, 2022 8:46 am

Nice!! Everything around here is flooded right now.
I'm reason they call it hunting and not shooting.
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Sun May 08, 2022 9:07 am

Didn’t have time to try for em last summer. This pic is from 2 years ago. Hopefully I will get a few days to get out and wrestle with some. I have been chasing this one particular bully flathead I call big moe for quite a few summers now. He’s well over 100lbs. Have got my hands on him 5 or 6 different times in the same pipe. He just always whoops my tail. Maybe this is the year……

Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
NorthStar
500 Club

Unread postby NorthStar » Sun May 08, 2022 3:44 pm

Boogieman1 wrote:Didn’t have time to try for em last summer. This pic is from 2 years ago. Hopefully I will get a few days to get out and wrestle with some. I have been chasing this one particular bully flathead I call big moe for quite a few summers now. He’s well over 100lbs. Have got my hands on him 5 or 6 different times in the same pipe. He just always whoops my tail. Maybe this is the year……

Dang, Boogie! What is your bait of choice? I really like using live bullheads.
“The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.”
UncleBuck3268
500 Club
Facebook: NONE

Unread postby UncleBuck3268 » Sun May 08, 2022 9:55 pm

Cajun catfish sounds real nice.
Moose
500 Club

Unread postby Moose » Sun May 08, 2022 11:40 pm

NorthStar wrote:I thought we could start a picture sharing thread dedicated to catfish! Here a are a few pictures from last year. Can’t wait for the flatheads to wake up in my area!

A dude from Minnesota likes catfish??!! :shock: lol Im giving you a hard time. I have family up there and asked if they ever catfish and he looked at me with a disgusting face and said " people in Minnesota don't like bottom feeders, we like walleye!" I have one more week of turkey hunting then it's fishing time! Good luck this year on the water!
NorthStar
500 Club

Unread postby NorthStar » Mon May 09, 2022 12:24 am

Moose wrote:
NorthStar wrote:I thought we could start a picture sharing thread dedicated to catfish! Here a are a few pictures from last year. Can’t wait for the flatheads to wake up in my area!

A dude from Minnesota likes catfish??!! :shock: lol Im giving you a hard time. I have family up there and asked if they ever catfish and he looked at me with a disgusting face and said " people in Minnesota don't like bottom feeders, we like walleye!" I have one more week of turkey hunting then it's fishing time! Good luck this year on the water!

Ha! I used to be one of those guys! I started catfishing last year because I can go late at night and I have a good river 7 miles from my farm. It’s a great hobby for guys with young kids because you can help put them to bed and still get out. I couldn’t believe how fun it was! I like catching my own bait and sitting on a bank waiting on the bait clicker or bells to go off! Now I look at walleye as bottom feeders!
Moose
500 Club

Unread postby Moose » Mon May 09, 2022 12:43 am

NorthStar wrote:
Moose wrote:

Ha! I used to be one of those guys! I started catfishing last year because I can go late at night and I have a good river 7 miles from my farm. It’s a great hobby for guys with young kids because you can help put them to bed and still get out. I couldn’t believe how fun it was! I like catching my own bait and sitting on a bank waiting on the bait clicker or bells to go off! Now I look at walleye as bottom feeders!

:clap: Now only if I can get you to talk to my brother in law lol!
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Mon May 09, 2022 6:33 am

NorthStar wrote:
Boogieman1 wrote:Didn’t have time to try for em last summer. This pic is from 2 years ago. Hopefully I will get a few days to get out and wrestle with some. I have been chasing this one particular bully flathead I call big moe for quite a few summers now. He’s well over 100lbs. Have got my hands on him 5 or 6 different times in the same pipe. He just always whoops my tail. Maybe this is the year……

Dang, Boogie! What is your bait of choice? I really like using live bullheads.

My bait of choice is my hand. Although when I was younger I used to catch some pretty biggens on jug lines baited with a live sun fish. Them suckers eat such big fish that they don’t eat often. Grabbing them of there nest is the most productive way in my parts.
-John Wayne-
NorthStar
500 Club

Unread postby NorthStar » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:21 am

Took 3rd place in a catfish tournament last weekend. My buddy hooked into a really nice flathead and that also won us largest fish. There was 50 boats and about 125 fisherman so I am feeling pretty good about our performance.

A9810335-9DB1-45F7-848D-24F18FE6CB18.jpeg
0B7AA9D0-2EF3-4838-81BD-2BE1E1F615DB.jpeg
CA04F9D7-508D-4FAF-A190-5BC977573608.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
American_Regular

Unread postby American_Regular » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:54 am

Nice fish. :clap:
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:36 am

Congrats fellas :clap:
-John Wayne-

• Advertisement

Return to “Fishing chat”