A Crappie Life

• Advertisement

HB Store

Boogieman1
500 Club

Re: A Crappie Life

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:40 am

Caught these on Sunday. Didn’t plan on going but mother nature changed my plans. Winter storm blew in Sunday night dropping temps 50 degrees. Monday and today are just as bad with sleet and high northerly winds. Tomorrow is gonna be ok and Thursday really nice. Then Friday another blast with good chance of snow. Will try again on Thursday. Suspect I can get some action. On a positive next week is looking like it’s gonna be beautiful all week. Not only that but my wife and kiddo are going to Florida for the entire week. 8-) Yabba Dabba Doo…..

Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:23 am

Ewwww…. Just found out the local chamber of commerce is hosting a crappie tournament on my lake April 2. Hadn’t had one in 7 years. They implemented rules to try to screw me. Open to all fishing. Boats, boat slips, and bank fishing. *no wadding allowed* It’s a team tournament so I reached out to my dad and his boat. Watch this! :lol:
-John Wayne-
Bonecrusher101
500 Club

Unread postby Bonecrusher101 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:42 am

Boogieman1 wrote:Ewwww…. Just found out the local chamber of commerce is hosting a crappie tournament on my lake April 2. Hadn’t had one in 7 years. They implemented rules to try to screw me. Open to all fishing. Boats, boat slips, and bank fishing. *no wadding allowed* It’s a team tournament so I reached out to my dad and his boat. Watch this! :lol:

Show them who’s the boss!!!
Be original and Enjoy every step along the adventure.
oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:10 pm

Boogieman1 wrote:Ewwww…. Just found out the local chamber of commerce is hosting a crappie tournament on my lake April 2. Hadn’t had one in 7 years. They implemented rules to try to screw me. Open to all fishing. Boats, boat slips, and bank fishing. *no wadding allowed* It’s a team tournament so I reached out to my dad and his boat. Watch this! :lol:

Get em !!
Moose
500 Club

Unread postby Moose » Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:11 pm

Go kick some a--!
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:23 pm

The Boogie Rule. :text-lol:

Damn Commies :twisted:
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:41 pm

Thank you all so much. Goofy times around here. Many of the local officials now I went to school with. Atleast in my head you would think folks would be happy for a home grown kid winning. But they are not! Being primarily a farming community the politics wanna expand and grow. They want outsiders speaking highly and bringing attention. Not on my watch! I don’t know why I take stuff so personal, but I do. This isn’t really nothing about talent. Outsiders get 2 days to pre fish for the tournament. By that time I have hundreds of hours involved on a lake I’ve peppered since I could walk. So yes….I like these odds! Maybe I win and maybe I lose. But these suckers are gonna get my absolute best and we will see where the chips fall.
-John Wayne-
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:18 am

Fished for 4 hrs and only caught 3. Not good! Have had a pretty good stretch of crumby weather. Today really wasn’t that bad temp wise. It was 63, but cloudy with a stiff 20 mph NW wind. Need some sun shine to warm this water up about 10 degrees. Tomorrow looks to be nice but I need to string together some sunny days when night temps don’t plummet in the 30s. Try again tomorrow….

Oh…. If any of y’all are moon calendar types I’m curious about today. On my way home (2 o’clock) there was deer feeding in every field I passed. Not singles, I’m talking lots of deer!

-John Wayne-
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:46 am

Boogieman1 wrote:Fished for 4 hrs and only caught 3. Not good! Have had a pretty good stretch of crumby weather. Today really wasn’t that bad temp wise. It was 63, but cloudy with a stiff 20 mph NW wind. Need some sun shine to warm this water up about 10 degrees. Tomorrow looks to be nice but I need to string together some sunny days when night temps don’t plummet in the 30s. Try again tomorrow….

Oh…. If any of y’all are moon calendar types I’m curious about today. On my way home (2 o’clock) there was deer feeding in every field I passed. Not singles, I’m talking lots of deer!

Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:50 am

Dewey wrote:
Boogieman1 wrote:Fished for 4 hrs and only caught 3. Not good! Have had a pretty good stretch of crumby weather. Today really wasn’t that bad temp wise. It was 63, but cloudy with a stiff 20 mph NW wind. Need some sun shine to warm this water up about 10 degrees. Tomorrow looks to be nice but I need to string together some sunny days when night temps don’t plummet in the 30s. Try again tomorrow….

Thanks Dewey. Does time zones matter with moon charts? If so what time zone does the charts follow? In my head my 2 o’clock is different from yours.
-John Wayne-
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:56 am

Boogieman1 wrote:
Dewey wrote:

Thanks Dewey. Does time zones matter with moon charts? If so what time zone does the charts follow? In my head my 2 o’clock is different from yours.

What’s your closest bigger city? With that I can get the exact chart.
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:20 am

Dallas. I was just curious. Don’t have to go through a bunch of trouble. Just found it odd why so many deer were piled in the fields in the middle of the day.
-John Wayne-
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:40 am

Boogieman1 wrote:Dallas. I was just curious. Don’t have to go through a bunch of trouble. Just found it odd why so many deer were piled in the fields in the middle of the day.

Figured the times wouldn’t be too different. We’re in the same time zone.
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:59 am

Scratched out a limit today. Was a beauty of a day. 80 degrees with blue bird skies. Plan on going again tomorrow. Gotta fry while the grease is hot! 8-)

-John Wayne-
Chuck B
500 Club

Unread postby Chuck B » Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:06 pm

Boogie, how long does it take you to clean your limit? What is limit in your neck of woods?
If you aren't green and growing, you are ripe and rotting

• Advertisement

Return to “Game fish, pan fish, and general fishing talk”