A Crappie Life

• Advertisement

HB Store

Moose
500 Club

Re: A Crappie Life

Unread postby Moose » Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:24 am

Sorry to hear tournament not turning out like expected. I would have put my money on you for sure! Looks like you caught some dandy's!

Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:01 am

Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:34 am

Vacation is just about over. Back to work on Monday. Hopefully I will get another trip in before then. Beauty of a day! 78 with 7mph SE wind.

-John Wayne-
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:59 am

Finally got a chance to go. Has been over a week since my last fishing trip. Happy to find the crappie still shallow. Believe I still got another couple weeks.

-John Wayne-
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:02 am

Good eats 8-)
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:38 pm

Made it home from work around 4:30 and made a b-line to the closest cove. Good times!

-John Wayne-
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:05 pm

Nice way to relax after work. 8-)

How’s the new job treatin’ ya?
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:38 pm

Dewey wrote:Nice way to relax after work. 8-)

I’ve finally settled into my new job. I never thought I would say this… but I really like it. It’s a much smaller company so you don’t have to deal with as much corporate nonsense. Seems everyone works hard and plays hard. Being that I have worked 15 hr shifts for like 15 years these 8 hour days really fly by. I definitely won’t get to hunt as much as I typically do but I can still take more than 3 weeks off between vacation and sick days. I’m fine with it and feel happy career wise for the first time in a long time. At least for now :lol:
-John Wayne-
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:03 pm

Boogieman1 wrote:

I’ve finally settled into my new job. I never thought I would say this… but I really like it. It’s a much smaller company so you don’t have to deal with as much corporate nonsense. Seems everyone works hard and plays hard. Being that I have worked 15 hr shifts for like 15 years these 8 hour days really fly by. I definitely won’t get to hunt as much as I typically do but I can still take more than 3 weeks off between vacation and sick days. I’m fine with it and feel happy career wise for the first time in a long time. At least for now :lol:

Good to hear. :handgestures-thumbup:
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Sun May 08, 2022 7:33 am

Finally had some free time to go rip some lips. I waited for the sun to get high in the sky b4 heading out. The shallow spawn is all over in my parts. So my plan today was to fish boat docks on points, and have a water depth of 5-8ft. Today was a good day. The first dock I came to gave up an entire limit. Fun day! Don’t know if I will go fishing tomorrow or try to arrow some carp.

-John Wayne-
Moose
500 Club

Unread postby Moose » Sun May 08, 2022 9:36 am

Boogieman1 wrote:

Good to hear that your happy with the new job. I'm still in awl about all the crappie you have caught so far! On average how many do you catch in a year?
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Sun May 08, 2022 9:47 am

Moose wrote:
Boogieman1 wrote:

Good to hear that your happy with the new job. I'm still in awl about all the crappie you have caught so far! On average how many do you catch in a year?

Hey thanks! I’m not sure how many crappie I catch per year. This was a very odd year cause I had more than a month off from work. But when I was a kid my parents house was waterfront on the best crappie cove on this lake. I fished every day after school and all day on weekends. Was no limit back then. Not many people fished for them. I don’t recall exactly how many but my personal best as a kid was somewhere close to 300 crappie in single day. Nowhere near those fish numbers now. So we can only keep 25 per day. During good spring weather I probably average a 2.5 hour limit.
-John Wayne-
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:17 pm

Channel cats are fine eating but there is only 1 steak of the lake! Dear lord these suckers are tasty. I made myself the captains plate :lol:

-John Wayne-
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:20 pm

:clap: :clap:
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:54 pm

Haven’t been crappie fishing in months. Got the itch today. Fished for about 5 1/2 hours. Caught 1 stinking keeper crappie. So for everyone who thinks I never struggle there ya go….
-John Wayne-

• Advertisement

Return to “Game fish, pan fish, and general fishing talk”