The Bachelor

• Advertisement

HB Store

Boogieman1
500 Club

The Bachelor

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:40 pm

Well, the wife and kiddo left Friday morning for a out of state softball tournament. So I did what any self respecting redneck would do in the situation…. Slept in til lunch and then stocked up on the Big 3. Beer, Bait, and Steaks! About to head out for some night catfishing which I ain’t done in decades. Seems now’s a good time. Will keep you all posted if I have any luck. Until then keep your ears to the grindstone. And please keep me in your prayers :lol:

Life would be pretty sweet if these knuckleheads would quit pestering me all day. I got stuff to do…… :dance:

Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
Jackson Marsh

Re: The Bachelor

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:46 pm

8-)
Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:46 pm

Good luck! Rip some catfish lips
hunting_dad
500 Club

Unread postby hunting_dad » Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:38 pm

Well how you holding up? Those big 3 treating you alright? Time for a fishing report :L:
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:59 am

hunting_dad wrote:Well how you holding up? Those big 3 treating you alright? Time for a fishing report :L:

Sorry! I didn’t get home till 5 this morning and I was bushed. Now I remember why I never go night fishing. Cause I hate it! The only plus is it’s much cooler. Everything else stinks. Easy stuff like getting your hook out of fishes mouth is harder in the dark.

At one point I turned on my headlamp and there was a water snake eating my bait. I took off my flip flop and gave him a good beating but he kept trying to sneak back. Which made keeping a watchful eye on my cork rather challenging.

Plus I think daytime fishing is way easier. At night I feel like I’m just waiting for one to swim by. Probably be another 20 years b4 I do it again. But all in all the trip was a success. I wanted to catch some cats and by god that’s just what I did :lol: Now that I’m rested up I gotta clean these suckers and I’m not looking forward to it.

Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
VaBowKill5

Unread postby VaBowKill5 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:04 am

Haha what a haul though. It is nice when the occasional evening alone comes along when you’re a family man. Only every now and then though doesn’t take long to start missing the family for me!
hunting_dad
500 Club

Unread postby hunting_dad » Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:21 am

Heck yeah that’s a great night! I’m not much of a night fisherman either. Dang good haul of fish though!

• Advertisement

Return to “Game fish, pan fish, and general fishing talk”