Sheyenne National Grass Lands North Dakota

Elk, Moose, Pronghorn, African Game, ect. Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Bay-fieldBowhunter

Sheyenne National Grass Lands North Dakota

Unread postby Bay-fieldBowhunter » Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:44 am

Was just wondering what the pressure looked like early season on the sheyenne National grasslands in North Dakota . Anyones thoughts would be appreciated

seazofcheeze
500 Club

Re: Sheyenne National Grass Lands North Dakota

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:23 am

Probably won't be any since most of the whitetails died of EHD this past yeat and ND only allocates about 700-1200 NR archery muley tags.
KRONIIK
500 Club

Unread postby KRONIIK » Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:28 am

seazofcheeze wrote:Probably won't be any since most of the whitetails died of EHD this past yeat and ND only allocates about 700-1200 NR archery muley tags.

Not familiar with that area, but I looked it up just now.
SNG is pretty close to the Western edge of Minnesota.
Did EHD kill a lot of deer in western Minnesota too?
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:13 am

Wow… Seaz’s post caused me to look it up. They gave tag refunds this year.

https://gf.nd.gov/news/5010

https://mydakotan.com/2021/10/fatal-dis ... kota-deer/
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
seazofcheeze
500 Club

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:34 am

KRONIIK wrote:
seazofcheeze wrote:Probably won't be any since most of the whitetails died of EHD this past yeat and ND only allocates about 700-1200 NR archery muley tags.

I don't know my ND geography that well :lol: I think eastern ND survived relatively unscathed. The western half of the state has been decimated the last two years.
KRONIIK
500 Club

Unread postby KRONIIK » Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:58 am

seazofcheeze wrote:
KRONIIK wrote:

I don't know my ND geography that well :lol: I think eastern ND survived relatively unscathed. The western half of the state has been decimated the last two years.

You and me both; I didn't even know North Dakota HAD any geography until I looked it up.
I thought it was all just part of the Great White North, eh?
Putt400
500 Club

Unread postby Putt400 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:00 pm

seazofcheeze wrote:
KRONIIK wrote:

You are correct on the eastern part of the state being sparred from EHD disease. The Badlands in western ND has been taking a hard hit from it.
“No matter how good or bad your life is, wake up each morning and be thankful you still have one”...Zig Ziglar
KRONIIK
500 Club

Unread postby KRONIIK » Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:55 am

Putt400 wrote:
seazofcheeze wrote:
KRONIIK wrote:

You are correct on the eastern part of the state being sparred from EHD disease. The Badlands in western ND has been taking a hard hit from it.

That is too bad.
I've seen some big deer in years past in my limited time spent in your beautiful State, (my earlier, dumb, wisecrack about not realizing that it 'had any geography' :roll: notwithstanding, it really is a marvelous place.)
Putt400
500 Club

Unread postby Putt400 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:00 pm

KRONIIK wrote:
Putt400 wrote:
seazofcheeze wrote:
KRONIIK wrote:

That is too bad.
I've seen some big deer in years past in my limited time spent in your beautiful State, (my earlier, dumb, wisecrack about not realizing that it 'had any geography' :roll: notwithstanding, it really is a marvelous place.)

All good KRONIIK I wouldn’t hold it against you. Hopefully we get a good quick recovery against the EHD bug.
“No matter how good or bad your life is, wake up each morning and be thankful you still have one”...Zig Ziglar
KRONIIK
500 Club

Unread postby KRONIIK » Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:06 pm

Putt400 wrote:
KRONIIK wrote:
Putt400 wrote:
seazofcheeze wrote:
KRONIIK wrote:

That is too bad.

All good KRONIIK I wouldn’t hold it against you. Hopefully we get a good quick recovery against the EHD bug.
:handgestures-thumbupright:
I hope so too.
Jrdeerhuntr

Unread postby Jrdeerhuntr » Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:40 am

Bay-fieldBowhunter wrote:Was just wondering what the pressure looked like early season on the sheyenne National grasslands in North Dakota . Anyones thoughts would be appreciated

I am interested in this as well, If I do not draw an Elk tag this year, I plan to spend sometime out there.
savageofcedars

Unread postby savageofcedars » Wed May 11, 2022 4:27 am

Interesting I'm not hunting there in particular, but I pulled a ND any deer tag with 0 points. When I called the office they told me numbers were up and they were giving out more tags. I haven't been in ND since '19 so I don't know. Are mulies less affected by ehd?
Swamp Stache

Unread postby Swamp Stache » Wed May 11, 2022 10:01 am

I belive it is mostly whitetail that are effected. Don't hear much of it in Minnesota. Think there has been one or two cases in the last ten years that I've heard of. One near stcloud if I remember correctly
It only takes 15 seconds for the hunt of a lifetime.

• Advertisement

Return to “Big Game Hunting”