Alaskan Moose Hunt trip

Elk, Moose, Pronghorn, African Game, ect. Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Whitetailaddict
500 Club

Re: Alaskan Moose Hunt trip

Unread postby Whitetailaddict » Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:01 am

Sounds like a great time and I'm interested to see how it all goes. I have been wanting to go on a moose hunt in Alaska but can't get my brothers to commit or any friends. Not sure if a solo hunt in Alaska is doable without a guide so I might just have to fork over the cash to go guided if I want to chase this experience.

Chuck B
500 Club

Unread postby Chuck B » Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:40 am

Thanks to all.

Sorry I have not been updating with the process so far up to this point. I have knee deep in family schedules and when I get spare time, I have been preparing for this hunt. So many details to pore over. Especially when weight is so limited (because of the plane). I leave in 9 days, and I still have 8 pounds of body weight to lose or else I will be going into the bush with less food than we are planning for! (will have to rely on catching more fish to make up for it).

I will be doing a good write up of the experience when it is all said and done.

9 more days till I am off the grid and hunting moose in Alaska. Pinch me.
If you aren't green and growing, you are ripe and rotting
Chuck B
500 Club

Unread postby Chuck B » Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:41 am

Stretch wrote:I did this trip in 2010, from what you described sounds likely that we used the same outfitter. We saw 1 bull moose that was borderline legal and a small gruop of caribou off in the distance. Judging 50 inches of moose rack is not easy. Came home with all our tags but no regrets, it was a cool trip. Everywhere we got out of the raft there were moose,caribou, bear and wolf tracks. We had great weather the whole trip, temps from as low as 10° at night to the low 50's in the afternoon. Caught some nice grayling along the way. Enjoy your trip and let us know how it went.

Interesting. I will send you a PM.
If you aren't green and growing, you are ripe and rotting

• Advertisement

Return to “Big Game Hunting”