careful everyone hunting snakes are out.

Small Game Hunting, Stories and Pictures
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Tennhunter3
500 Club

careful everyone hunting snakes are out.

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:17 am

Just wanted to tell hunters to be careful the snakes are out . I saw several today that were hit by a car and shot multiple times. :shifty:

Several cottonmouths fewer to worry about=A great start. Hope everyone has a safe day in the field.

Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.
Tufrthnails
500 Club

Re: careful everyone hunting snakes are out.

Unread postby Tufrthnails » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:23 am

Killed a moccasin Saturday in one of the well houses at work. New guy found him. Was a funny encounter. Learned he is very scared of snakes. Was nearly laughing to hard to kill it.
Tuf- The below average hunting beast
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:38 am

Tufrthnails wrote:Killed a moccasin Saturday in one of the well houses at work. New guy found him. Was a funny encounter. Learned he is very scared of snakes. Was nearly laughing to hard to kill it.

Amazing how fast you can run when a snakes involved. Several years back I was walking through waist high grass field full of briars near the middle of a field. Heard ratting somewhere under me couldnt see my feet. I made it across that field in seemed like sonic speed. . Bet I ran 200 yards in 20 seconds .
Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.
Tufrthnails
500 Club

Unread postby Tufrthnails » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:18 pm

Tennhunter3 wrote:
Tufrthnails wrote:Killed a moccasin Saturday in one of the well houses at work. New guy found him. Was a funny encounter. Learned he is very scared of snakes. Was nearly laughing to hard to kill it.

Amazing how fast you can run when a snakes involved. Several years back I was walking through waist high grass field full of briars near the middle of a field. Heard ratting somewhere under me couldnt see my feet. I made it across that field in seemed like sonic speed. . Bet I ran 200 yards in 20 seconds .

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Tuf- The below average hunting beast
A5BLASTER
500 Club

Unread postby A5BLASTER » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:57 am

I dont think they ever go hibernate in Louisiana they always out and about.
Sailfish_WC
500 Club

Unread postby Sailfish_WC » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:56 pm

Tennhunter3 wrote:

I was easing through a thick, waist high field and my pant caught on some Rattlebush. Thought it was over for me at first
Sailfish_WC <-- Deer watcher
Rich M
500 Club

Unread postby Rich M » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:04 am

I seen one in GA on Saturday - he went spitting mad almost immediately - don't like seeing the inside of those mouths as they wave their fangs. Didn't have a gun, and was riding by on a 4 wheeler, so he lived.

• Advertisement

Return to “Other Critters”