Does Anyone Hunt Crow?

Small Game Hunting, Stories and Pictures
  • Advertisement

HB Store

G-Patt
500 Club

Does Anyone Hunt Crow?

Unread postby G-Patt » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:17 am

Until last weekend, I never hunted crow. But my wife gave me a FoxPro for Christmas for the purpose of coyote hunting. I saw that it came with a "fighting crow" feature, and let me tell you, that was more fun than I've had in a long time. I could hear some crows calling in the distance and put that bad boy the test. Literally, in seconds I had 5 to 6 crows circling and calling back. I can't hit a daggum thing that flies, but holy cow, that was soo much fun! Gonna do it again this weekend. Just curious if any beast members also hunt crow and if they have any fun stories or strategies to tell.

On my deathbed, I will receive total consciousness. So I have that going for me, which is nice!
Cchez
Facebook: codiechesney is my Instagram

Re: Does Anyone Hunt Crow?

Unread postby Cchez » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:07 am

My grandpa and i used to crow hunt every weekend we could when i was a kid. We'd drive around to different areas and blast the crow fighting an owl recording, had a lot of fun.
Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:15 am

I’ve crow hunted in the past. We didn’t kill many they are pretty smart. We had decoys and a fox pro call. Usually a single crow would come in first they call a scout then a bunch would come in. Tough to get them in shotgun range. It was fun. Been 10-15 years since I’ve hunted them
KRONIIK
500 Club

Unread postby KRONIIK » Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:48 am

One spring day a few years ago I used a crow call late in the afternoon to roost-locate a wild turkey for the next morning's hunt.
A few curious crows came flying over so I grabbed the rabbit-in-distress call and alternated it with excited crow calls.

Before I knew it I was covered in crows; maybe 200 or more in the trees around me all going nuts.

I didn't actually shoot any; just messed with their minds until dark.

If it would have been safe and legal to do so I'd bet I could have killed dozens of them with a suppressed .22 or even a good air rifle.

Even as excitable as they were I don't think they would have hung around for very many blasts of 12 ga. turkey loads.
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:27 pm

I don’t intentionally hunt them. Yet I find myself eating it often.
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
Wolfshead
500 Club

Unread postby Wolfshead » Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:56 pm

Boogieman1 wrote:I don’t intentionally hunt them. Yet I find myself eating it often.

Well, I was going to post the same thing but you beat me to it!
At least I’m in good company.....?

• Advertisement

Return to “Other Critters”