2023 Shed Thread

Discussion about shed antlers, etc
  • Advertisement

HB Store


Chad Gus 715
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun May 17, 2020 2:52 pm
Status: Offline

2023 Shed Thread

Unread postby Chad Gus 715 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:36 pm

New year, new thread


equal opportunity hunter
Chad Gus 715
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun May 17, 2020 2:52 pm
Status: Offline

Re: 2023 Shed Thread

Unread postby Chad Gus 715 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:39 pm

[Been a good start for me
attachment=3]20230117_130043.jpg[/attachment]
20230117_125750.jpg
20230110_161458.jpg
20230107_144416.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
equal opportunity hunter
User avatar
Hawthorne
500 Club
Posts: 5886
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:13 pm
Location: michigan
Status: Offline

Re: 2023 Shed Thread

Unread postby Hawthorne » Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:42 pm

Cool! Great finds!I find probably 90% of my sheds in march. Most hold until February or later here
User avatar
-db-
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:46 am
Location: NELP, Michigan
Status: Offline

Re: 2023 Shed Thread

Unread postby -db- » Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:54 pm

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person. - Fred Bear

@upnorthoutdoors989
Chad Gus 715
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun May 17, 2020 2:52 pm
Status: Offline

Re: 2023 Shed Thread

Unread postby Chad Gus 715 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:52 am

Hawthorne wrote:Cool! Great finds!I find probably 90% of my sheds in march. Most hold until February or later here

Usually after valentine's day before i really start looking, but this year an abnormally high number of bucks have already dropped. Easily half have already shed, normally don't get to that number till after February 1st
equal opportunity hunter
User avatar
hcooper84
Posts: 344
Joined: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:51 am
Location: Southern Illinois
Status: Offline

Re: 2023 Shed Thread

Unread postby hcooper84 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:02 am

Chad Gus 715 wrote:
Hawthorne wrote:Cool! Great finds!I find probably 90% of my sheds in march. Most hold until February or later here

Usually after valentine's day before i really start looking, but this year an abnormally high number of bucks have already dropped. Easily half have already shed, normally don't get to that number till after February 1st

Would the assumption be that this is from the extremely cold week most of the country had a few weeks ago?
Chad Gus 715
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun May 17, 2020 2:52 pm
Status: Offline

Re: 2023 Shed Thread

Unread postby Chad Gus 715 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:23 am

hcooper84 wrote:
Chad Gus 715 wrote:
Hawthorne wrote:Cool! Great finds!I find probably 90% of my sheds in march. Most hold until February or later here

Usually after valentine's day before i really start looking, but this year an abnormally high number of bucks have already dropped. Easily half have already shed, normally don't get to that number till after February 1st

Would the assumption be that this is from the extremely cold week most of the country had a few weeks ago?

That would be my guess
equal opportunity hunter
User avatar
seazofcheeze
500 Club
Posts: 3684
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:13 pm
Location: Billings, MT
Status: Offline

Re: 2023 Shed Thread

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:53 pm

We're on the board for 2023. 6.5 miles and only one shed. Jumped 2 bucks still holding both sides.

Screenshot_20230121_185211_Gallery.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mr. Lehey
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:15 pm
Status: Offline

Re: 2023 Shed Thread

Unread postby Mr. Lehey » Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:08 am

On the board for 2023! Took about 10 miles for this one. Saw 3 smaller bucks while walking and they were all holding both sides still.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Stingray713
500 Club
Posts: 789
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:14 am
Status: Offline

Re: 2023 Shed Thread

Unread postby Stingray713 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:09 pm

Mr. Lehey wrote:On the board for 2023! Took about 10 miles for this one. Saw 3 smaller bucks while walking and they were all holding both sides still.


Nice!!!
Mr. Lehey
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:15 pm
Status: Offline

Re: 2023 Shed Thread

Unread postby Mr. Lehey » Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:55 pm

Found a pretty cool bed with a nice rub in it also.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
WV Bowhunter
500 Club
Posts: 1613
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:39 pm
Location: West Virginia
Status: Offline

Re: 2023 Shed Thread

Unread postby WV Bowhunter » Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:41 pm

Got to get out with my son for a few hours this weekend. He skunked me, I found 0 and he found 4, including a pretty good matched set.

77A4EC0C-D5FA-4827-8EE1-9B6EAE91B977.jpeg


20FD8A3F-6D2B-48B5-BC1E-8F9D7A278976.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Luck is when preparation meets opportunity!!
User avatar
justdirtyfun
500 Club
Posts: 2833
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:10 pm
Location: Misery, previously Hellinois
Status: Offline

Re: 2023 Shed Thread

Unread postby justdirtyfun » Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:06 pm

:clap:
Looking good.

I spotted a 10" tine that was broke off a buck this fall. My cousin shot a 10 pointer and was able to see him fall. A G2 broke off hitting the ground.
Saturday we were back at that site and within a minute, success. Super excited for cuz and he ends up with a complete 11 pointer. Only kicker on the buck was on the broken tine!!!
You don't have to be the best, just do your best.
User avatar
greenhorndave
500 Club
Posts: 12432
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:23 am
Location: SE WI
Status: Offline

Re: 2023 Shed Thread

Unread postby greenhorndave » Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:09 pm

Saw a tank of a buck in south central WI today holding both. Looked like a horse at first glance before he lifted his head up.
----------
Send It
DeFiNiTeLyNotBrAd
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:48 pm
Location: SE, Michigan
Status: Offline

Re: 2023 Shed Thread

Unread postby DeFiNiTeLyNotBrAd » Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:46 pm

signal-2023-01-04-13-18-05-960.jpg


Not really a shed but i found this guy i pasted last year. :crying-yellow:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


  • Advertisement

Return to “Shed Antler”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Applebot and 2 guests