Mink Trapping Made Easy

• Advertisement

HB Store

MissionOutdoors
Facebook: www.facebook.com/missionoutdoors

Mink Trapping Made Easy

Unread postby MissionOutdoors » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:24 am

https://youtu.be/2fmqxxAOe3c

If you're looking for a surefire way to successfully target and trap more mink, this is the set for you. Very simple to place on any type of terrain, whether it's on dry land or on ice.

Octang
500 Club

Re: Mink Trapping Made Easy

Unread postby Octang » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:57 pm

That is one of the better instruction trapping videos I've seen. Thanks for taking the time to create a quality production.
Bonecrusher101
500 Club

Unread postby Bonecrusher101 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:47 am

I read an article on mink the other day, I've never seen one in the wild. I'm sure we have them though. A guy I work with told me he saw a ferret one afternoon running along the edge of the road. I'm pretty sure he saw a mink. Trapping is interesting. It's like running a trot line for fish though, it requires constant daily attention.
Be original and Enjoy every step along the adventure.
Octang
500 Club

Unread postby Octang » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:23 pm

Bonecrusher101 wrote:I read an article on mink the other day, I've never seen one in the wild. I'm sure we have them though. A guy I work with told me he saw a ferret one afternoon running along the edge of the road. I'm pretty sure he saw a mink. Trapping is interesting. It's like running a trot line for fish though, it requires constant daily attention.

Last year was my first year trapping, and I gotta say, I'm hooked. It was a blast. I loved having an excuse to be out in the woods all winter.
SwampReaper
Facebook: Don’t have one

Unread postby SwampReaper » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:12 pm

I will have to check this video out when I’m not at work on a loud engine. Mink are not easy to trap so I would be interested in this video.

Mink travel A LOT in one day. I used to get excited after fresh snowfall and see fresh mink tracks, only to find empty sets for a couple of days. When I did get lucky it would be 1-2 tops. Old timer once told me best way to target mink. Sling 100 traps, you’ll be lucky to catch 5 in a couple days.

I usually get mine when ‘rat trapping. Usually get em with 110’s set in runs or bottom edge sets. Couple lakes I trap the mink do a number on my rats before I get out there to pull them.

Trapping is a lot of work but a great time. Definitely turns you into a better woodsman.
MissionOutdoors
Facebook: www.facebook.com/missionoutdoors

Unread postby MissionOutdoors » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:44 am

SwampReaper wrote:

Trapping is a lot of work but a great time. Definitely turns you into a better woodsman.

Yes it does! And humbles a person quickly and ruthlessly at times as well lol.

• Advertisement

Return to “Trapping”