Spooked deer running through buck bedding video!!

• Advertisement

HB Store

jteulker
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/josh.teulker/p ... 02133&sour

Spooked deer running through buck bedding video!!

Unread postby jteulker » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:17 am

Here is a great example as to why you souldn't give up after spooked deer have ran through the bedding area. This is a video taken about 10 years ago. We were hunting near a bedding area (within 80 yards). A group of 4 does came out of bedding and inside of 20 yards. I harvested a doe and 3 of them literally ran withing 5 yards of a bedded 8 pt. After the commotion the buck stood up a few minutes later and calmly walked into range.

Check it out and let me know what you guys think. Video in the link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB44Eo_KvvM

greenhorndave
500 Club

Re: Spooked deer running through buck bedding video!!

Unread postby greenhorndave » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:56 pm

Great example and nice deer man.
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
swampyak
500 Club

Unread postby swampyak » Thu May 23, 2019 1:11 am

Thanks for sharing
Reminds me of a hunt a number of years ago. I was hunting out of state late season and had found a spot the day before but couldn't get to it because of to many deer in the way. The plan was the next afternoon I go back, shoot a doe in a bedding area I'd found, continue on to another spot for a buck. While messing around trying to get a shot on a die I spooked them, they ran in the direction I was going. Ended up spooking them again and then they busted all the other deer out of the area. Not happy with myself but decided I now could get to the spot I wanted to hunt the day before but couldn't because of all the deer. Since all the deer were spooked out of the spot it was easy to get into
A while later deer started to filter back through including a small buck, a shed buck and a 15 point. My muzzleloader spoke and he got a free ride home with me
flinginairos
500 Club

Unread postby flinginairos » Thu May 23, 2019 2:03 am

Thinking back to all my bucks killed in bedding areas, I have spooked does on the fringes on almost all of them. Some of them blowing as they ran off. The bedded bucks paid zero attention to them. I obviously try to avoid spooking anything but that is REALLY hard to do in most cases lol :lol:

• Advertisement

Return to “Extreme Whitetail Tactics”