Coy-Euro

Discussions about learning taxidermy & picking taxidermist.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Kraftd
500 Club

Coy-Euro

Unread postby Kraftd » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:40 am

Finally got a chance to boil out the skull on a big male coyote I got with my bow last year. Did a dead head on a 135" 8 my buddy found on a property he just bought at he same time, but forgot to snap a pick. Hard time getting that one whitened up, as it was pretty stinky and rotted when he found it. Thought the Coyote turned out well though. Had to glue a couple of teeth and the bottom jaw, but otherwise no issues, and I had heard they were pretty fragile.

Boogieman1
500 Club

Re: Coy-Euro

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:37 am

Purdy!
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
sdonx

Unread postby sdonx » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:41 am

I feel a little embarised to say this - but man what big teeth. Never knew. Im going to take a second look at my huskys canines when i get home.
Kraftd
500 Club

Unread postby Kraftd » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:12 am

sdonx wrote:I feel a little embarised to say this - but man what big teeth. Never knew. Im going to take a second look at my huskys canines when i get home.

That was the first thought I had when I skinned it out. Never shot one before this. Totally cool with predator hunting, but personally prefer not to shoot what I'm not going to eat. This guy chased a big lone doe out from in front of me as I was drawing and ended up in my shooting lane with a drawn bow. Planned to try eating it, but it was early season and pretty warm, and the dog smell was just too strong to pull it off. Anyway, I was also surprised by how big the teeth are. The back molars are insanely large on them.
Jeff G
500 Club

Unread postby Jeff G » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:22 am

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

• Advertisement

Return to “Taxidermy”