wife said no more

Discussions about learning taxidermy & picking taxidermist.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

ghoasthunter
500 Club

wife said no more

Unread postby ghoasthunter » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:49 am

added some of my skull plates too the wall my wife said no more mounts so i just hung the antlers. i need ideas for displaying just the racks so lets see some picks of what other beasts do. Image

THE MOST IMPORTANT TOOL A HUNTER HAS IS BETWEEN HIS SHOULDERS
justdirtyfun
500 Club

Re: wife said no more

Unread postby justdirtyfun » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:59 am

I'm planning on a floor to ceiling cedar tree for mounting sheds and European mounts. Maybe 1 or 2 branches about a foot long to add things to.
You don't have to be the best, just do your best.
checkerfred
500 Club

Unread postby checkerfred » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:16 am

ghoasthunter wrote:added some of my skull plates too the wall my wife said no more mounts so i just hung the antlers.

:lol: :lol: I know that time will come for me eventually too haha. I'm getting my last one shoulder mounted and I was going to hang it next to the tv on our bigger wall. She said, "I think we should move the book shelves by the tv and put your deer on the opposite wall...it will look better and more balanced." What she really said is "I don't want to see deer heads every time I watch tv" hahaha. Hey, at least I have them in the living room...pick and choose your battles right?

justdirtyfun wrote:I'm planning on a floor to ceiling cedar tree for mounting sheds and European mounts. Maybe 1 or 2 branches about a foot long to add things to.

would love to see this finished...I've thought about doing something like this too
Kokes
500 Club

Unread postby Kokes » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:32 am

My plan is to find a tree that's got a torn up rub on it and cut it to from the ground to about 8 feet, then set it up in the man cave and hang my European mounts from it...
ghoasthunter
500 Club

Unread postby ghoasthunter » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:39 am

checkerfred wrote:
ghoasthunter wrote:added some of my skull plates too the wall my wife said no more mounts so i just hung the antlers.

:lol: :lol: I know that time will come for me eventually too haha. I'm getting my last one shoulder mounted and I was going to hang it next to the tv on our bigger wall. She said, "I think we should move the book shelves by the tv and put your deer on the opposite wall...it will look better and more balanced." What she really said is "I don't want to see deer heads every time I watch tv" hahaha. Hey, at least I have them in the living room...pick and choose your battles right?

justdirtyfun wrote:I'm planning on a floor to ceiling cedar tree for mounting sheds and European mounts. Maybe 1 or 2 branches about a foot long to add things to.

would love to see this finished...I've thought about doing something like this too

im currently in process of turning my 3 season porch into a game room/ hunting gear room my stuff takes up the entire house lol i still have more mounts and taxidermy at my old mans place waiting too move in lol i need room for two more deer a turkey a pheasant and 6 fish its going too look like cabellas soon lol for now im just storing all my tanned capes in a big tub and hanging racks. my shed pile is getting so tall im worried about a avalanche lol
ghoasthunter
500 Club

Unread postby ghoasthunter » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:48 am

tis the season get one for Christmas two birds with one stone
checkerfred
500 Club

Unread postby checkerfred » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:00 am

ghoasthunter wrote:
checkerfred wrote:

im currently in process of turning my 3 season porch into a game room/ hunting gear room my stuff takes up the entire house lol i still have more mounts and taxidermy at my old mans place waiting too move in lol i need room for two more deer a turkey a pheasant and 6 fish its going too look like cabellas soon lol for now im just storing all my tanned capes in a big tub and hanging racks. my shed pile is getting so tall im worried about a avalanche lol

dang man lol...#realworldhuntingproblems :lol:
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:38 am

My living room and two spare bedrooms are pretty much full of deer, bear and fish mounts with no more available space. I told the wife in the future the overflow is now going into the main bedroom. :mrgreen:
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:53 am

The struggle is real... my laundry room is getting some deer heads because Toad comes home this week, Droppy next month, and LilJon is going into the shop when I pick up Toad.
http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz
Noreast10pt
500 Club

Unread postby Noreast10pt » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:07 pm

My wife found this on Facebook today.
magicman54494
500 Club

Unread postby magicman54494 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:20 pm

my ex girlfriend mentioned that she did not like the fact that I traveled to hunt.
The key word in the above statement is " ex"
tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:43 pm

Pshhhh that situation was handled before I got married lol. Right on magic. I told my wife about my hunting when I met her and told her it’s only getting worse. And it has and she is ok with it. By worse I really mean better.
ThePreBanMan
500 Club

Unread postby ThePreBanMan » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:22 am

Noreast10pt wrote:Image
My wife found this on Facebook today.

Now that's awesome!!!
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:21 am

magicman54494 wrote:my ex girlfriend mentioned that she did not like the fact that I traveled to hunt.
The key word in the above statement is " ex"

:lol:

You got to take her down at the knees, hold out for sex, make her beg!!!
She'll come around you sex magnet you...
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
Grizzlyadam
500 Club

Unread postby Grizzlyadam » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:57 am

Kokes wrote:My plan is to find a tree that's got a torn up rub on it and cut it to from the ground to about 8 feet, then set it up in the man cave and hang my European mounts from it...

I did just that. There was a crew cutting trees to clear the power lines. They had marked a couple of big cedar trees that had multi generations of big bucks rubbing them at a road crossing. I asked them to cut one down low and save it for me. I put it in the corner of my man cave and put all my smaller skull plates on it. It didn't come out as cool as I expected it to. I'll have to find some time to get a pic of it and post it up.

• Advertisement

Return to “Taxidermy”