Early season Euro

Discussions about learning taxidermy & picking taxidermist.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Nocturnal
500 Club

Re: Early season Euro

Unread postby Nocturnal » Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:00 am

I love euros and even more when they're displayed nicely but my favorite trophy rooms have smaller bucks mounted. Why? I believe it shows the true size of other bucks that are mounted in the same room. So if guys are wanting to get a trophy room started. Mount up a couple borderline bucks.

Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:09 am

That looks very nice boogie 8-)
Moose
500 Club

Unread postby Moose » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:28 am

Looks great!
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:30 am

Thank you all for the very nice words. Did I ever mention I am very smart? :lol:

I killed this buck during the week. Bucks don’t like weekends… apparently to busy. So like I said during the week I made my play. Parked extremely early and made a wide loop to the stand. I forgot my shooting tab so I went for a 2nd loop. I told ya…. I’m smart! This high thinking maneuver surely threw them for a loop. Like I mentioned I had a strategic late arrival due to sheer planning. Wasn’t in stand 5 minutes and had a buck walking through…. Hear what I’m saying? Not 10 minutes later I had another buck coming. Figured I better shoot this one or they won’t leave me alone! Like I said…. I’m good!

He caught me on my draw and took off at a dead run. I let him get to 60 yards b4 letting it fly out of my recurve. Money! Drt, didn’t go 20. Told ya I’m good.

Dragging back to truck I spot movement. I quickly toss buck in ditch and lay on top of him. Identify another hunter approaching! At 5 yards he stops and asks if I’m ok! I said yes, I just thought you might be the warden.

I asked for help dragging him out. He said he was short on time and if he didn’t hurry he would have no chance of shooting a buck. I told him I tell ya what! Help me drag him to the parking area and I will let u shoot him.. He wasn’t buying it. Told him hope he falls out of his stand and breaks his back!

Finally got the buck back to the truck with no help from the other dirt bag. But seen another hunter in the parking area who said wow where could one shoot a buck like that. After thinking a few minutes I remembered a story a great hunter told of a special stand. The guy sure knew what he was talking about. I pointed the other hunter there. Shortly after I remembered that hunter who knew what he was talking about was me! :lol: :lol:

Ok, ok a highly exaggerated version of the truth. But who cares…… A village idiot scored by pure luck. If I can do it, certainly anyone can!
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-

• Advertisement

Return to “Taxidermy”