Early season Euro

Discussions about learning taxidermy & picking taxidermist.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Boogieman1
500 Club

Early season Euro

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:16 am

Well I got him back a couple weeks ago. I really wish I would have gotten into the Euro mounts years ago. Truth is I paid a lot of money to mount bucks I wish I wouldn’t have. Only have a few skull mounts and need a couple more before I can make a display. Thought he turned out rather well.

Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
Dewey

Re: Early season Euro

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:33 am

Looks great. 8-)

Euro’s are nice and don’t take up so much space. Hang them on the wall or tabletop bare or display on a skull panel. Lot’s of options. I’m not getting shoulder mounts anymore unless over 140”. Doing an antler plaque mount of the buck I just killed. Just ordered the supplies.
Ryan549
500 Club

Unread postby Ryan549 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:50 am

Looks great! I’m in the same position as you, I’m going the euro way from now on.
Ryan
Bowhuntercoop
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhuntercoop » Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:30 am

Love me some euros. I shot a beautiful 130s 9 my first year in SC and did a euro. I’m also done with shoulder mounts. Have a pile and they take up to much room. So much easier to hand off a euro when a buddy wants to see em and let em get their hands on em.
szwampdonkey
500 Club

Unread postby szwampdonkey » Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:38 am

All mine i’ve ever shot i’ve done my own antler plaques to the point it’s pretty much a tradition for me. Id likely never shoulder mount a buck unless it was beyond exceptional.

That being said, i did get one buck done as a Euro and it turned out really cool. Even my wife loves it which is saying something! My buck from this year is going to be another antler plaque my son and i will do.

You euro looks awesome boogie.
Last edited by szwampdonkey on Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tsom
500 Club

Unread postby Tsom » Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:39 am

Nice! I was gonna mount my first racked buck I shot in 2012 but the taxi was a part timer and full time farmer. Sat in his freezer for 4 years till I figured I'd just take the skull cap. I like euros and have done my own since. Had a tough choice with pressure from friends and family on my 145" 8 last year and went euro on it too. Who's buck is it anyway?! ;)
isitseasonyet?
500 Club

Unread postby isitseasonyet? » Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:42 am

Looks great! I like rack on a plaque, euro, and shoulder mounts! Just depends on the buck, and my financial situation I guess.
backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:28 am

Looks very nice Boogie!!

I was in the same boat. I mounted a few that looking back id euro them in a second.

You will have plenty more for the display in no time… better start getting that display ready

Congratulations again Clay
buttonbuck
500 Club

Unread postby buttonbuck » Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:16 am

Boogieman1 wrote:Well I got him back a couple weeks ago. I really wish I would have gotten into the Euro mounts years ago. Truth is I paid a lot of money to mount bucks I wish I wouldn’t have. Only have a few skull mounts and need a couple more before I can make a display. Thought he turned out rather well.

I Euro em myself. Super easy. Boil it, power wash flesh off, superstar 40 hydrogen peroxide and mop n glo. I never have nor ever will mount an animal. To much money. I think the Euros look BA too
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:47 am

buttonbuck wrote:
Boogieman1 wrote:Well I got him back a couple weeks ago. I really wish I would have gotten into the Euro mounts years ago. Truth is I paid a lot of money to mount bucks I wish I wouldn’t have. Only have a few skull mounts and need a couple more before I can make a display. Thought he turned out rather well.

I Euro em myself. Super easy. Boil it, power wash flesh off, superstar 40 hydrogen peroxide and mop n glo. I never have nor ever will mount an animal. To much money. I think the Euros look BA too

I’ve attempted 1 myself. Just better in my case to go with a guy who knows what he’s doing. I mean I trade the cape, and remove all the eyes, meat, bottom jaw, and hide from the kill. I pay nothing from there to have it done. Mainly the man pays good money for a cape and I give him one and completely prep the skull. Isn’t worth my time to do all the other stuff for just $25. Although it would for $150.
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
mipubbucks24
500 Club

Unread postby mipubbucks24 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:55 am

You got a good deal there, and it looks great, I have done several myself and need to finish one of my bucks from last year, but if I had that deal I would not be doing them myself either.
Ghost Hunter

Unread postby Ghost Hunter » Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:56 am

Nice!! :clap:
I'm reason they call it hunting and not shooting.
buttonbuck
500 Club

Unread postby buttonbuck » Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:14 pm

Boogieman1 wrote:
buttonbuck wrote:

I’ve attempted 1 myself. Just better in my case to go with a guy who knows what he’s doing. I mean I trade the cape, and remove all the eyes, meat, bottom jaw, and hide from the kill. I pay nothing from there to have it done. Mainly the man pays good money for a cape and I give him one and completely prep the skull. Isn’t worth my time to do all the other stuff for just $25. Although it would for $150.

$25 is awesome. I’d do the same
Kraftd
500 Club

Unread postby Kraftd » Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:59 pm

Lookin good!

I’ve cape traded on a couple and had to wait a while to get them back. Just do them myself now and they’re hanging in three days for about $5 and maybe an hour active work time. I do every buck I shoot just because I like them. Not saying I’d never shoulder mount another but would need to be pretty special. Probably done 30-40 deer and a mess of other critters. It’s fun and my kids have the best show and tell stuff at school from our collection!
john1984

Unread postby john1984 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:02 am

Looks good

• Advertisement

Return to “Taxidermy”