Really rough spring

Share and Showcase your hunting success stories.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Bonecrusher101
500 Club

Re: Really rough spring

Unread postby Bonecrusher101 » Tue May 17, 2022 8:41 am

muddy wrote:
Bonecrusher101 wrote:I feel sorry for the spot on the ground you crashed into!!!

I fought the concrete, and the concrete won

You’re one tough mudder! Please Keep us posted on your shoulder recovery.

Be original and Enjoy every step along the adventure.
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Tue May 17, 2022 8:53 am

Bonecrusher101 wrote:
muddy wrote:
Bonecrusher101 wrote:I feel sorry for the spot on the ground you crashed into!!!

Today I was able to add resistance bands to my PT exercises. A step in the right direction but still a far cry from pulling buck killing bow weight. Lots of pops and clicks in the joint as muscles learn the new way to work together.
http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz
Bonecrusher101
500 Club

Unread postby Bonecrusher101 » Tue May 17, 2022 9:08 am

muddy wrote:
Bonecrusher101 wrote:
muddy wrote:

Today I was able to add resistance bands to my PT exercises. A step in the right direction but still a far cry from pulling buck killing bow weight. Lots of pops and clicks in the joint as muscles learn the new way to work together.

think you Will need more surgeries?
Be original and Enjoy every step along the adventure.
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Tue May 17, 2022 10:19 am

Bonecrusher101 wrote:
muddy wrote:
Bonecrusher101 wrote:
muddy wrote:

At this point the orthopedic doc thinks I have an 80% chance if rehabbing with PT and avoiding surgery. It will depend on how much I can deal with the discomfort of the bone sticking up as far as it is. Right now it is 120% out of whack and the discomfort is moderate, but if I can develop enough internal scar tissue/callous the discomfort will decline. If I can't deal with it, then surgery would be pretty simple, orthroscopic with wiring the bone back down or else a couple screws.

Everything on that side is still swollen and very "tight" feeling. The skin is being stretched from the bone poking up, but hopefully I get used to it. What would be really nice is if all the neck muscles would calm down, they're all sorts of out of whack from when my head hit and then bent my neck and pinwheelled me into the air.

Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Tue May 17, 2022 12:25 pm

Thanks for the update, heard you took the spill, and glad to hear you are fighting through. your a BEAST
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
wolverinebuckman
500 Club

Unread postby wolverinebuckman » Tue May 17, 2022 12:57 pm

Wow! Glad you are going to be ok.
Bummer of a birthmark, Hal.
218er
500 Club

Unread postby 218er » Tue May 17, 2022 3:07 pm

Ouch. Get well soon. Nice birds.
Persistence is undefeated.
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Wed May 18, 2022 3:01 am

Here is to a speedy recovery!
Arrowbender
500 Club

Unread postby Arrowbender » Wed May 18, 2022 9:50 am

Mud! Bummer that you tore up your shoulder!

I got to call in a bird for my Buddy in MO that had to use a 20g On his off shoulder due to surgery on his normal one. (Southey).
Pretty cool you guys got out.

What’s the word on swimming on that chicky wing?

Grats! on the birds boys!
American_Regular

Unread postby American_Regular » Wed May 18, 2022 10:47 am

muddy wrote:
Bonecrusher101 wrote:
muddy wrote:
Bonecrusher101 wrote:
muddy wrote:

At this point the orthopedic doc thinks I have an 80% chance if rehabbing with PT and avoiding surgery. It will depend on how much I can deal with the discomfort of the bone sticking up as far as it is. Right now it is 120% out of whack and the discomfort is moderate, but if I can develop enough internal scar tissue/callous the discomfort will decline. If I can't deal with it, then surgery would be pretty simple, orthroscopic with wiring the bone back down or else a couple screws.

Everything on that side is still swollen and very "tight" feeling. The skin is being stretched from the bone poking up, but hopefully I get used to it. What would be really nice is if all the neck muscles would calm down, they're all sorts of out of whack from when my head hit and then bent my neck and pinwheelled me into the air.

Before committing to surgery if the rehabbing isn't working check out a therapy called SoftWave and see if you have access to it in your area. I experienced almost the same exact injury and dealt with residual pain and loss of strength in that shoulder for years until I read about the SoftWave tech. It essentially uses focused shock therapy to promote your body's own stem cells to increase neovascularization (forming new blood cells) and to destroy scar tissue. The pain I had suffered with for years was literally erased in six weeks. I went from struggling to pull my bow back to lifting things with one arm like I was 25 again. Definitely worth looking into and way cheaper/less invasive than a surgery.
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Wed May 18, 2022 12:17 pm

American_Regular wrote:
muddy wrote:
Bonecrusher101 wrote:
muddy wrote:
Bonecrusher101 wrote:
muddy wrote:

Before committing to surgery if the rehabbing isn't working check out a therapy called SoftWave and see if you have access to it in your area. I experienced almost the same exact injury and dealt with residual pain and loss of strength in that shoulder for years until I read about the SoftWave tech. It essentially uses focused shock therapy to promote your body's own stem cells to increase neovascularization (forming new blood cells) and to destroy scar tissue. The pain I had suffered with for years was literally erased in six weeks. I went from struggling to pull my bow back to lifting things with one arm like I was 25 again. Definitely worth looking into and way cheaper/less invasive than a surgery.

I'm already getting electrical stimulus after each PT session. Pretty weird feeling, like my muscles are "boiling"

muddy

Unread postby muddy » Wed May 18, 2022 12:22 pm

Arrowbender wrote:Mud! Bummer that you tore up your shoulder!

I got to call in a bird for my Buddy in MO that had to use a 20g On his off shoulder due to surgery on his normal one. (Southey).
Pretty cool you guys got out.

What’s the word on swimming on that chicky wing?

Grats! on the birds boys!

I was able to defer my Ironman to next year so I'm only walking right now. The wing feels fine, it's the ribs that are slowing me down. Can't sleep can't jostle, can't sneeze.

backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Wed May 18, 2022 12:32 pm

Wow man, thats some intense iron man training :lol:

In all seriousness, glad you are going to be okay and was able to get on the birds as well as the lil mudsters!!

Now get healed up and ready to kick some fall whitetail rears!

• Advertisement

Return to “Kill Zone”