Going 4 Broke Outdoors Podcast: Episode 10 - John Eberhart - Part 2

User avatar
seazofcheeze
500 Club
Posts: 3246
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:13 pm
Location: Billings, MT
Status: Offline

Going 4 Broke Outdoors Podcast: Episode 10 - John Eberhart - Part 2

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Sat May 29, 2021 4:50 am

In this episode we focus heavily on rut tactics, primary scrape areas, hunting bedding areas during the rut, how John’s tactics evolve from pre-rut, to peak rut, to post rut. We also get John’s advice for those suffering from buck fever, and John’s opinion on his legacy in the hunting community. This is part 2 of a two-part series.

I'm extremely biased, but I think I got more into the weeds on timing and tactics than any of the other podcasts I have listened to with John. Also minimal talk about scent control, it is mentioned of course, but I don't ask any follow-up questions on that topic.

https://youtu.be/HB4-jfqx7mQ


ODH
500 Club
Posts: 577
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:53 am
Location: New York
Status: Offline

Re: Going 4 Broke Outdoors Podcast: Episode 10 - John Eberhart - Part 2

Unread postby ODH » Sat May 29, 2021 10:02 am

Great job on these interviews. You really brought out a lot of detail tying together when and where to be.
Moose
500 Club
Posts: 1545
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:39 pm
Location: IOWA
Status: Offline

Re: Going 4 Broke Outdoors Podcast: Episode 10 - John Eberhart - Part 2

Unread postby Moose » Sun May 30, 2021 5:58 am

Another great podcast!
User avatar
seazofcheeze
500 Club
Posts: 3246
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:13 pm
Location: Billings, MT
Status: Offline

Re: Going 4 Broke Outdoors Podcast: Episode 10 - John Eberhart - Part 2

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:30 pm

ODH wrote:Great job on these interviews. You really brought out a lot of detail tying together when and where to be.


Thanks for the comments and thanks for giving the podcast a listen, I appreciate it!

Moose wrote:Another great podcast!


Thanks Moose!
User avatar
Lockdown
Moderator
Posts: 8276
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:16 pm
Location: MN
Status: Offline

Re: Going 4 Broke Outdoors Podcast: Episode 10 - John Eberhart - Part 2

Unread postby Lockdown » Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:54 am

Tuning in now...
User avatar
greenhorndave
500 Club
Posts: 9037
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:23 am
Location: SE WI
Status: Offline

Re: Going 4 Broke Outdoors Podcast: Episode 10 - John Eberhart - Part 2

Unread postby greenhorndave » Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:45 am

Finished listening to the first one just now, as I had forgotten about it. That may have been the best Eberhart interview ever. Some real gold nuggets in there that didn’t seem like rehashes of previous interviews. And I think it showed what a personable guy he can be. Really good.

Looking forward to his next installment.
HWPO
Hookslinger
Posts: 276
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:51 am
Status: Offline

Re: Going 4 Broke Outdoors Podcast: Episode 10 - John Eberhart - Part 2

Unread postby Hookslinger » Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:49 pm

Good stuff! A friend at work randomly gave me one of John's books about 6 years ago. That's what initially sent me down this path of wanting to improve as a hunter. So I listen to all the podcasts he does, and this was definitely one of the best.
Missionshooter
500 Club
Posts: 529
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:56 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Going 4 Broke Outdoors Podcast: Episode 10 - John Eberhart - Part 2

Unread postby Missionshooter » Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:29 am

Excellent job on this 2 part series! Well done.

You asked good questions and made John go deep instead of the podcasts where the hosts get off topic and talk about their own failures that nobody cares about.
STLBowhunter Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKzQUpmjiy8
User avatar
seazofcheeze
500 Club
Posts: 3246
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:13 pm
Location: Billings, MT
Status: Offline

Re: Going 4 Broke Outdoors Podcast: Episode 10 - John Eberhart - Part 2

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:48 am

Missionshooter wrote:Excellent job on this 2 part series! Well done.

You asked good questions and made John go deep instead of the podcasts where the hosts get off topic and talk about their own failures that nobody cares about.


Wait...so nobody cares about me :violin:

Hahaha, just kidding. I'm a pretty picky podcast listener. I don't like 10-15 minute intros about whatever the host is doing, 10 minutes of ads, half baked interviews, and a host that interjects with off-topic or completely irrelevant anecdotes, so I am trying to avoid all those to the best of my ability.

Thanks for listening and the feedback, I appreciate it. If I start doing any of the aforementioned (or anything else that sucks) feel free to call me out. It's hard to improve if I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
User avatar
Dhoff
Posts: 397
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:56 am
Location: Wisconsin
Status: Offline

Re: Going 4 Broke Outdoors Podcast: Episode 10 - John Eberhart - Part 2

Unread postby Dhoff » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:34 am

seazofcheeze wrote:
Missionshooter wrote:Excellent job on this 2 part series! Well done.

You asked good questions and made John go deep instead of the podcasts where the hosts get off topic and talk about their own failures that nobody cares about.


Wait...so nobody cares about me :violin:

Hahaha, just kidding. I'm a pretty picky podcast listener. I don't like 10-15 minute intros about whatever the host is doing, 10 minutes of ads, half baked interviews, and a host that interjects with off-topic or completely irrelevant anecdotes, so I am trying to avoid all those to the best of my ability.

Thanks for listening and the feedback, I appreciate it. If I start doing any of the aforementioned (or anything else that sucks) feel free to call me out. It's hard to improve if I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I agree. You do a great job. :clap:


  • Advertisement

Return to “Podcast”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests