Ethan Escue | Tactics for Targeting Specific Bucks | Episode 31 | Going 4 Broke Outdoors Podcast

• Advertisement

HB Store

seazofcheeze
500 Club

Ethan Escue | Tactics for Targeting Specific Bucks | Episode 31 | Going 4 Broke Outdoors Podcast

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:47 am

On today’s podcast I catch up with Ethan Escue. Ethan is a relatively young guy at 25 years old, but in a few short years he has crafted quite the resume, regularly targeting and killing specific bucks in his home state of West Virginia. Ethan and I discuss his evolution into a hunter targeting specific bucks, glassing tactics for areas with minimal or no agriculture, trail camera strategy, post-season scouting, and the importance of hunting a specific buck instead of good areas when pursuing a target animal.

https://youtu.be/0077gwjX7bA

WV Bowhunter
500 Club

Re: Ethan Escue | Tactics for Targeting Specific Bucks | Episode 31 | Going 4 Broke Outdoors Podcast

Unread postby WV Bowhunter » Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:46 pm

Keep up the good work Seaz!! Glad to see you’re putting out podcasts on a regular basis again. Tell your work you can’t do big long projects because it takes away from your podcast time, haha.
Luck is when preparation meets opportunity!!
seazofcheeze
500 Club

Re: Ethan Escue | Tactics for Targeting Specific Bucks | Episode 31 | Going 4 Broke Outdoors Podcast

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:41 pm

WV Bowhunter wrote:Keep up the good work Seaz!! Glad to see you’re putting out podcasts on a regular basis again. Tell your work you can’t do big long projects because it takes away from your podcast time, haha.

Thanks man! I was glad to get a West Virginia boy on. Seems like WV turns out some really good hunters.

I got a new job in October, so maybe I won't be so busy this year, TBD. Last summer was rough, worked a lot of OT July-Sept. Good for the wallet, bad for everything else.
oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:26 am

I haven't had a chance to listen yet, been up at the property scouting all weekend. Looking forward to listening on my way to work tomorrow. Seems like a great topic.
KLEMZ

Unread postby KLEMZ » Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:14 pm

Wow! If you didn't mention Ethan's age I would have guessed him to be much older based on his knowledge and the way he communicates. Outstanding interview! Thanks for putting that together. Ethan seems to have Andy May/Joe Elsinger caliber talent.
oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:10 am

Just finished this up. Really a great podcast. Lots of great info on his specific methods. He sounds like his future is very bright. Jeremy your variety and ability to pick hunters from around the country is top notch. You paint with a broad brush and that is refreshing. Keep it up.
thwack16
500 Club

Unread postby thwack16 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:28 am

Enjoyed this one as well! You do a great job with these.
Hookslinger
500 Club

Unread postby Hookslinger » Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:01 pm

Listened to it driving to work and back, really enjoyed it. Lots of good info. Ethan was very good at articulating his approach and strategy that's for sure.
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:02 am

Agreed with all the above!

The guy is sharp. Great insight and it seems like we only scratched the surface.

Does he have a YouTube or other way to follow along with him?
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:06 am

Great episode!
seazofcheeze
500 Club

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:35 am

KLEMZ wrote:Wow! If you didn't mention Ethan's age I would have guessed him to be much older based on his knowledge and the way he communicates. Outstanding interview! Thanks for putting that together. Ethan seems to have Andy May/Joe Elsinger caliber talent.

Thanks Keith! I'd agree, Ethan is definitely ahead of the curve for his age. Pretty smart guy taking advantage of all the resources available these days, doing so in an intelligent way, and has the work ethic also.

oldrank wrote:Just finished this up. Really a great podcast. Lots of great info on his specific methods. He sounds like his future is very bright. Jeremy your variety and ability to pick hunters from around the country is top notch. You paint with a broad brush and that is refreshing. Keep it up.

Thanks Shad, I just like talking to guys who get it done and to see what their process is. Lots of similarities, but enough differences where I'm always picking something up, or thinking about something new.

thwack16 wrote:Enjoyed this one as well! You do a great job with these.

I appreciate the feedback, and thanks for listening!

Hookslinger wrote:Listened to it driving to work and back, really enjoyed it. Lots of good info. Ethan was very good at articulating his approach and strategy that's for sure.

Thanks for listening. Seems like these engineering guys (like Ethan) have a knack for breaking things down into digestible pieces.

greenhorndave wrote:Agreed with all the above!

The guy is sharp. Great insight and it seems like we only scratched the surface.

Does he have a YouTube or other way to follow along with him?

Dave, I found him on Instagram, he does not have a YouTube that I am aware of. I hope to have him back on later this year to go into some more detail on whitetails, and he has also been western hunting the last 3-4 years. We had planned to get into some of those topics as well, but an 1-1.5hrs flies by usually.

Lockdown wrote:Great episode!

Thanks buddy!
Kokes
500 Club

Unread postby Kokes » Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:20 pm

Really great listen thanks for putting together Seaz - keep ‘em comin!! :)
DeadHeadSpread

Unread postby DeadHeadSpread » Sun May 21, 2023 6:56 am

Enjoyed this episode, gave me some good ideas and inspiration. Great job by the host!
Big Tracks Matter

• Advertisement

Return to “Podcast”