JRE #1122 - Donnie Vincent

• Advertisement

HB Store

Corsair7

JRE #1122 - Donnie Vincent

Unread postby Corsair7 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:35 am

Not much for one to listen to Podcasts except for the Beast ones and from The Hunting Public. But if you have time check this one out, took me a few car rides yesterday and this mornings drive into work to finish it, but it was all great stuff. Probably one of the best Podcasts I have listened to. Had me hooked the entire time.

Curios to see input and thoughts from the Beast community here.

For those who don't know who Donnie Vincent is, I think it would be worth checking the guy out. Personally I like the stuff he puts out, has made a couple films, specifically The River's Divide. It's about his two year bowhunting quest for a single whitetail buck named Steve in the Badlands of North Dakota. Think a lot of Beast members can relate to this guy. I know there was a lot of talk about this film back a few years ago on this form. Figured I'd still share in case anyone was interested.

YouTube:
https://youtu.be/WnClnjjJHhg

Audio:
http://traffic.libsyn.com/joeroganexp/p1122.mp3

cantfoou

Re: JRE #1122 - Donnie Vincent

Unread postby cantfoou » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:37 am

Thought it was great. I liked The River's Divide and Terra Nova. Great cinematic shots in all his stuff. I think JR does a great job as an interviewer. His show is best when he's interviewing hunters. Steve Rinella, Cam Hanes, Remi Warren, Jim Shockey... He's for sure making his rounds with all the greats. I mean he is a little annoying but he interviews all the hunters in my opinion that help break the stereo type of the American hunter. The real question is, how do we get The BEAST on his show????????
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:35 am

I will have to check it out. My favs are anything beastly and I enjoyed the Bobby Worthington podcast on the push.
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
Itchy Bones

Unread postby Itchy Bones » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:49 am

Dan Infalt on JRE!
Perfectionitz

Unread postby Perfectionitz » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:08 am

yes, Dan needs to get on the Joe Rogan podcast!
I HAVE THE TENDENCY TO DO IT UP
NYBackcountry
500 Club

Unread postby NYBackcountry » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:29 am

Love Rogan's podcast, been listening forever. With that said, I wish he would stick to hunting stories and experiences when he has hunters on. All the vegan talk is gonna make my head explode, it takes up an hour of the conversation every time a hunter is on and it's literally the exact same conversation every time.

This was probably one of my favorite guests so far.
WV Bowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby WV Bowhunter » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:34 am

I have to admit, never listened to joe rogan before and started this one on my way to work this morning. So far I’m not impressed with the language I hear. I’m not a prude, and I hear this stuff all the time at work but hearing someone drop the f-bomb every 10th word is a turn off to me. Maybe it will get better but probably one of the last joe rogans I listen to, if I can even get through it.
Luck is when preparation meets opportunity!!
ol_ben

Unread postby ol_ben » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:21 am

WV Bowhunter wrote:I have to admit, never listened to joe rogan before and started this one on my way to work this morning. So far I’m not impressed with the language I hear. I’m not a prude, and I hear this stuff all the time at work but hearing someone drop the f-bomb every 10th word is a turn off to me. Maybe it will get better but probably one of the last joe rogans I listen to, if I can even get through it.

If you can't handle a little swearing you're listening to the wrong podcast for sure.
NYBackcountry
500 Club

Unread postby NYBackcountry » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:26 am

WV Bowhunter wrote:I have to admit, never listened to joe rogan before and started this one on my way to work this morning. So far I’m not impressed with the language I hear. I’m not a prude, and I hear this stuff all the time at work but hearing someone drop the f-bomb every 10th word is a turn off to me. Maybe it will get better but probably one of the last joe rogans I listen to, if I can even get through it.

It doesnt get better. Try to get to where Donnie discusses his Mountain Lion hunt and his time with wolves in the artic. Totally worth it.
Chuck B
500 Club

Unread postby Chuck B » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:48 am

I think Donnie Vincent is doing great things for the hunting community. He is a true outdoorsman and doesn't sell out to for products at all. He only uses what he likes, and that is it. I am actually pretty close to his main camera man and film producer/editor (my brother in law is one of his better friends). In fact, I bought my Xpedition bow from him a couple of years ago. From everything I hear about Donnie and the way he hunts/lives his life, I have much respect.

I haven't listened to the podcast, but will try to do that soon. Thanks for posting.
If you aren't green and growing, you are ripe and rotting
HighNtree

Unread postby HighNtree » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:27 am

I agree 100%...foul language is never a good thing on a public forum. It is offensive to many and it promotes a negative image of all hunters. We just don't need it. I encourage hosts and speakers to think about who might be listening to their podcasts and to tone down the language.
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:07 am

The man must have a gift! Been a expert survivalist, ultimate fighter, diet expert, food show host, serious hunter! Wow, where does this guy find the time. I'm waiting for a professional fisherman next, can't wait sitting on the edge of my seat
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
Perfectionitz

Unread postby Perfectionitz » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:41 pm

This podcast was so good. I didn’t know anything about Donnie Vincent beforehand and he really captivated me and made me a fan immediately. Very intelligent and thoughtful person with a lot of respect for nature and conservation. His arguments in support of hunting and his passion for it really resonated with me. I went and watched his films after and loved them. So beautiful. Made me want to get up in the Arctic and go hunt some moose or caribou.
I HAVE THE TENDENCY TO DO IT UP

• Advertisement

Return to “Podcast”