Some people suck

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
Swedishbowhunter
500 Club
Location: South East Wisconsin hunts SE,SW, & Northcentral wi

Re: Some people suck

Unread postby Swedishbowhunter » Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:57 pm

What i would do is go and hang a dummy camera about 4' off the ground close to that same area. Plant a cell cam hid up a tree aimed at it. Be sure to have it send pics instantly. You will likely get a pic of the douche bag. Then use some of the MMA on his when you run into him next. That is about the only thing that will stop some of these type of guys

<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Sat Sep 30, 2023 2:11 pm

Bowhunting Brian wrote:As I get older, the less patience I have with the public.

Absolutely. It's difficult not to
Ol Split ( ) Toes
500 Club

Unread postby Ol Split ( ) Toes » Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:31 pm

That is one thing I can't stand is thieving SOB'S!!
Wolfshead
500 Club

Unread postby Wolfshead » Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:04 pm

Not much worse than a thief.
I mean it’s one thing, like if you’re starving or something like that, but most are just pieces of ..it!
It’s the epitome of selfishness and an FU to anyone else.
oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:29 am

Public land rule number one. If you leave anything expect it to be shot, stolen or broke.
Bowhunting Brian
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhunting Brian » Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:18 am

oldrank wrote:Public land rule number one. If you leave anything expect it to be shot, stolen or broke.

So it's just like being in the hood. Lol
MitchB

Unread postby MitchB » Sun Oct 01, 2023 3:53 am

Bowhunting Brian wrote:
oldrank wrote:Public land rule number one. If you leave anything expect it to be shot, stolen or broke.

So it's just like being in the hood. Lol

I work right next door to the west side of Chicago. I deal with that nonsense all week I don’t need it on my weekends :lol:

The lengths this guy went to mess with my stuff is kind of ridiculous when you think about it. He definitely needed a climbing stick to reach it and I still can’t believe he broke the antenna and stuffed it behind the camera. I think stealing the card and turning it off would have been sufficient. The more I think about it the more it was definitely a screw you stay out of my spot.

But, good news is I got a nice 9 or 10 point checking a scrape on one of my other cameras this morning. So thanks for the well wishes guys, they seem to be paying off so far :D
Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:02 am

Character is the way someone acts when nobody is watching. He has no character. Thieves can pop up anywhere even in places you think you know everyone
Prairie Sasquatch
500 Club

Unread postby Prairie Sasquatch » Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:50 am

50% of people have below average intelligence.

The military did studies to try and figure out how to increase enrollment. They couldn’t find anything a person with an IQ below 83 could do that wouldn’t take away from the productivity of everyone else. Approximately 10% of the population has an IQ below 83.

Statistically speaking you’re probably just dealing with your share like the rest of us. If that’s any solace.
MitchB

Unread postby MitchB » Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:09 am

Prairie Sasquatch wrote:50% of people have below average intelligence.

The military did studies to try and figure out how to increase enrollment. They couldn’t find anything a person with an IQ below 83 could do that wouldn’t take away from the productivity of everyone else. Approximately 10% of the population has an IQ below 83.

Statistically speaking you’re probably just dealing with your share like the rest of us. If that’s any solace.

Yeah, intellectually I know that healthy, well adjusted people don’t do stuff like this. And likely there’s something in his life making him this petty and miserable.

I’ve done a lot of work on myself this year, and I want to think that I’m in a healed enough place to take solace in all that. But…I think given the chance I’d still throw hands :lol: I was okay with the card being stolen, breaking the antenna is where he crossed the line for me.

Again, whatever. They’re just deer. I’m on to others on another property that I have some experience with so that’s where I’ll likely spend most of my season. But I was looking forward to exploring new ground. I guess I’d rather find out there’s a turd in the punch bowl before opening day than after.

I guess to your point this sort of thing happens everywhere. I was blaming it on being so close to Chicago, but sounds like this is just a problem with people. That’s almost more disappointing.
TwentyFeetCloser

Unread postby TwentyFeetCloser » Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:49 pm

Read this thread last night, went hunting today, and found this. My camera was one stick high and someone still managed to smash the motion sensor. Last pic was in April. Camera still was on and card was in it but it couldn’t take pictures anymore.
I get in the tree about 75 yards from the closest doe bedding and through my binoculars I see another camera cable locked to a tree 35 yards away closer to the bedding.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Failure to plan is planning for failure.
MitchB

Unread postby MitchB » Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:38 pm

TwentyFeetCloser wrote:Read this thread last night, went hunting today, and found this. My camera was one stick high and someone still managed to smash the motion sensor. Last pic was in April. Camera still was on and card was in it but it couldn’t take pictures anymore.
I get in the tree about 75 yards from the closest doe bedding and through my binoculars I see another camera cable locked to a tree 35 yards away closer to the bedding.

Sorry to hear that. I have another camera that stopped sending pictures a couple days ago. I’m wonder if it’s been messed with now too since people are out scouting right before season opens.

I’m starting to wonder if cameras are even worth it on public any more if people are going to be scum bags.
TwentyFeetCloser

Unread postby TwentyFeetCloser » Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:32 pm

MitchB wrote:
TwentyFeetCloser wrote:Read this thread last night, went hunting today, and found this. My camera was one stick high and someone still managed to smash the motion sensor. Last pic was in April. Camera still was on and card was in it but it couldn’t take pictures anymore.

Sorry to hear that. I have another camera that stopped sending pictures a couple days ago. I’m wonder if it’s been messed with now too since people are out scouting right before season opens.

I’m starting to wonder if cameras are even worth it on public any more if people are going to be scum bags.

For me it depends on the area. My experiences like this are actually exclusive to this one property. Maybe it’s a coincidence or maybe I have to just hide my stuff better.. whatever.. like you say: some people just suck.
Failure to plan is planning for failure.
Groundhunter@1

Unread postby Groundhunter@1 » Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:31 am

The only area I have seen alot of cameras is in SE Wis, public. Something to tolerate, I guess. I would never steal or mess with another hunters stuff. However, I am going to hunt, regardless if there is a camera. I just don't if someone is already there.

Alot of camera buffs are territorial, like they hang a camera, and your suppose to stay out. I have seen that.
wdog

Unread postby wdog » Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:12 am

I think we need to remind our selves it’s usually a small percentage that does this.

I get it, it sucks but unfortunately it comes with the territory of public land.

I for one could never mess with anyones stuff. I always wondered what the age demographic of these people, is this a young kid that doesn’t know the value of dollar yet? Or just some older guy who’s mad you’re encroaching his spot.

This day and age I have less spending money than ever, I couldn’t imagine doing someone dirty like that and breaking/ stealing their things.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”