Swamp or Hill bedding?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Camoface13

Swamp or Hill bedding?

Unread postby Camoface13 » Fri May 29, 2020 12:32 am

I’m scouting an area that is probably half “hill country” (50-100 ft elevation changes, but coming from farmland this is hilly to me) with creek bottoms and small swamps within it. There is AG on the outsides of this property but not within. With this mixed terrain what areas would you focus on (hill vs swamp bedding, or both)? Just trying to get a better understanding if this area even classified as hill country bedding

Cchez
Facebook: codiechesney is my Instagram

Re: Swamp or Hill bedding?

Unread postby Cchez » Fri May 29, 2020 1:28 am

Id check both. Then you'll find out where the preferred bedding is. It could even change as the season progresses.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Fri May 29, 2020 1:47 am

With smaller rounded hills, my bet would be swamp... If it were steeper higher elevations the depending factor would likely be pressure. They will always bed in the swamp, but in low pressure areas with a choice, they will bed both. add pressure, or take away some of the elements of hill bedding, like thick sbove, or steepness, and buck bedding will start leaning more swamp.
JonNc

Unread postby JonNc » Sat May 30, 2020 1:44 pm

A lot of factors to consider, but just going off what you said I would also lean towards swamp. That’s been my experience in similar areas.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”