Top 5 strategy podcast of all time?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

huntinsonovagun

Re: Top 5 strategy podcast of all time?

Unread postby huntinsonovagun » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:07 pm

greenhorndave wrote:The guys that are hitting it out of the park are The Southern Outdoorsmen

This for sure. I just found these guys by accident this week. I have no idea who they are, but they’re good interviewers and they have some stone cold killers in their lineup. I’ve only listened to a couple episodes so far, but I’ve got several more queued up. I’ve been listening to wired to hunts stuff since dang-near the beginning, but really like the few I’ve heard of these guys...

greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:25 pm

huntinsonovagun wrote:
greenhorndave wrote:The guys that are hitting it out of the park are The Southern Outdoorsmen

This for sure. I just found these guys by accident this week. I have no idea who they are, but they’re good interviewers and they have some stone cold killers in their lineup. I’ve only listened to a couple episodes so far, but I’ve got several more queued up. I’ve been listening to wired to hunts stuff since dang-near the beginning, but really like the few I’ve heard of these guys...

Their strengths are having good questions prepared, but then listening with good follow-ups. They also let the guest talk and don’t get in the flow by interrupting or going on long asides to talk about their own hunting. Seems simple, but not to do it consistently well like they do.
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
PK_
500 Club

Unread postby PK_ » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:13 am

Hunt for real.

I believe he had Andy May on recently.
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:59 am

Pudster wrote:
<DK> wrote:Dont overlook some of Bill Winke's early content and the hunting public guy's used to do podcasts on there as well, there is some good info in there. It should be in the archives on his website. Personally I think that is when he was at his best.

I tried to find some of these podcast but i was not able to. Do you have a link, or remember what name it went by?

Bill's stuff will be the videos, THP guys did the podcasts mainly. Maybe try youtube and see if he kept the older stuff. It looks like he has updated the MW site and I cant get the old ones to play at all. Sorry
Nelson87
500 Club

Unread postby Nelson87 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:15 am

They've had some good ones lately. I could be mistaken but I'm thinking that one of the hosts is a beast member. Not sure if he's on here much though.
RatMe

Unread postby RatMe » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:36 am

I couldn’t agree more regarding the southern outdoorsmen podcast. I live in the northeast and try to tailor the discussion to my neck of the woods.

I’m a podcast fanatic, but I must say many of the podcasts out there are missing the mark with their vague discussions and generalizations. I enjoy hearing specific hunts and how a tactic worked given the circumstances that were present. These guys dive deep deep deep.

The last half dozen they Have done have been some of the best I’ve heard in about a year from any podcast available. Better than most of the so called “big name” podcasts. They should take pride in the product they are producing.
Southern Buck

Unread postby Southern Buck » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:11 am

They’ve got some great stuff.

Episode 116 with Glen Solomon is still one of the top 5 deer hunting podcasts I’ve ever heard.
But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name. John 20:31
Aaron1987
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/aaron.warbritton.3

Unread postby Aaron1987 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:04 am

Pudster wrote:
<DK> wrote:Dont overlook some of Bill Winke's early content and the hunting public guy's used to do podcasts on there as well, there is some good info in there. It should be in the archives on his website. Personally I think that is when he was at his best.

I tried to find some of these podcast but i was not able to. Do you have a link, or remember what name it went by?

Used to be on whitetailwatch.com but I think they got rid of that site.
Swedishbowhunter
500 Club
Location: South East Wisconsin hunts SE,SW, & Northcentral wi

Unread postby Swedishbowhunter » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:38 am

Aaron1987 wrote:
Pudster wrote:

Thanks, I sent a message to Midwest Whitetails inquiring about the podcast archives. I would be interested in giving them a listen.
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:27 am

Southern Buck wrote:

They’ve got some great stuff.

Episode 116 with Glen Solomon is still one of the top 5 deer hunting podcasts I’ve ever heard.

That one is a great one
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
Bonedoc

Unread postby Bonedoc » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:59 am

Great topic. I’m going to check a few of these out when I’m on the road.
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:39 am

Aaron1987 wrote:
Pudster wrote:

Thats it. Its cool though, I shouldnt even had mentioned it bc he doesnt need any more views :D
Scratchman

Unread postby Scratchman » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:19 pm

Here is a top 20 (or actually 25) deer hunting podcasts list I put together for my website. No order and they vary in quality, but its casts the wide deer hunting net.

http://newhitetail.com/20-great-deer-hunting-podcasts-2020/
"I could eat shlapjacks every day of the weeksh, eh." Jimmer Nagamanee from Menominee
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:40 am

Man I’ve listened to a lot of em when I used to work nights. 2 of my favs were Dans. Forget the episodes of even the host so apologies. One was where he got a lil choppy with the host about promoting junk and what one really needs to be successful. The other was the scent control one. I forget the other hunters name so I will just call him Mr Kingsford. But that was a good listen.

I’m sure I miss out on a lot of good info because it takes certain things to hold my attention. Certain people are easy to listen to talk about anything. Others might have a wealth of info but sound like Biology class and I can’t take it.

Was one by Bobby Worthington I really enjoyed on the push. But I’m a bit biased cause I remember hearing it for the first time and think holy moly that’s what I do.

Can listen to anything by the Wensel brothers for hours. They could just talk about what they had for breakfast and I’m on the edge of my seat. They have the ability to hold my attention.

I like Don Higgins stories of different bucks.

I’m sure I’m forgetting many others but those are the ones that really stick out to me.
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
Missionshooter
500 Club

Unread postby Missionshooter » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:36 am

While I agree bowhunterforlife had a good podcast. I didn't care for the "hunt different " podcast. That guy wouldn't let justin get a word in. A podcast should be about the guest and his thoughts. The host dominated the interview and poor Justin couldn't get a word in. Also, I cuss too but the host dropped the F bomb way to many times, and didn't stop when Justin's daughter got in the car. Audio was horrible too.

I would love to hear Andy may and justin on a podcast together.
STLBowhunter Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKzQUpmjiy8

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”