Its Mid-Season - Who's Still Shooting Their Bows?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Dewey

Re: Its Mid-Season - Who's Still Shooting Their Bows?

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:14 pm

JakeB wrote:
Dewey wrote:
knapptime wrote:
A5BLASTER wrote:I shoot every day all year long, that way I'm always sharp, keep a identically setup bow as a back up just incase my main bow goes down, I'm still in the game.

Wonder how my wife would react if I came home with a second bow identical to the first. I guess I could probably not say a thing and she'd have no idea I have a second bow :lol:

I keep all my old bows ready as back ups and currently have six of them. I do the upkeep so they stay in good shooting condition. Each one is like taking a time machine all the way back to 35+ years. :lol:

Any steel cable bows in there? I’m curious how obvious the shot differences are when shooting through the different years. I bet there’s a big jump in performance and feel between early 90’s and early 2000’s. Not very much progress bow wise In the last few years, just different names. Pretty cool collection you have.

My old Bear Magnum Hunter from 1985 has steel cables. The shot difference from bow to bow is huge. Some are really tough to shoot. Big jump in the 2000’s. Makes me really appreciate the compound bows of today.

Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:17 pm

I won’t say I shoot everyday like I do most of the year. Fact is I’m in the woods a lot and don’t have the time. But I luv shooting a bow so I limit myself to one shot. Kinda a bit of torture hanging it up after a single shot but I train myself to make one shot count. Although that isn’t always the case, but it is the game plan.
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
vtbuck
500 Club

Unread postby vtbuck » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:46 pm

Shooting a couple times a week. Relaxes me and I’m bonding with the new bow .
First blood will come soon I think.
Perfection is a dream, practice is hard work, and achieving a goal is making that goal a reality.
Swedishbowhunter
500 Club
Location: South East Wisconsin hunts SE,SW, & Northcentral wi

Unread postby Swedishbowhunter » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:15 pm

I try to shoot as often as possible year round, but during season it gets harder. Tonight I made time to take some shots and for some reason the little voice in my head said "shoot some broadheads!" Even though I have already successfully killed a good antelope buck and out of state whitetail with my bow this fall, I decided to shoot some broadheads and lucky i did as I was 5" left and 4" low @ 20 yards consistently. Only took a minute to adjust my sight and I was back in business.
jmaas07
500 Club

Unread postby jmaas07 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:13 am

knapptime wrote:
A5BLASTER wrote:I shoot every day all year long, that way I'm always sharp, keep a identically setup bow as a back up just incase my main bow goes down, I'm still in the game.

Wonder how my wife would react if I came home with a second bow identical to the first. I guess I could probably not say a thing and she'd have no idea I have a second bow :lol:

Iv went to this as well. Good peace of mind, especially out of state if something goes wrong, just grab the other bow. Also, on a side note, I think shooting with broadheads all the time is beneficial, thats what your hunting with, practice like you play imo

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”