Addicted to Forums

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Upatreeinwv

Addicted to Forums

Unread postby Upatreeinwv » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:10 pm

I've been addicted to hunting and trapping forums for a good while now. This is probably my best time of year to relax a little. This past season I went on saddlehunter, hunting beast, and then trapperman. I don't scroll fbook(do have a page) so maybe that might be part of it. What is it that mentally draws someone? Product reviews? Answered how to questions? DIY? News? Or the fellowship part?

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Addicted to Forums

Unread postby dan » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:16 pm

Upatreeinwv wrote:I've been addicted to hunting and trapping forums for a good while now. This is probably my best time of year to relax a little. This past season I went on saddlehunter, hunting beast, and then trapperman. I don't scroll fbook(do have a page) so maybe that might be part of it. What is it that mentally draws someone? Product reviews? Answered how to questions? DIY? News? Or the fellowship part?

I think people come for different reasons... I think the main thing that draws me to want to come to the Beast and hang out is being able to discuss issues, tactics, and everyday life with people like me, who I look up to and appreciate their opinions. Its nice to get away from everyday life and go to a place where people are just like me, and dont look at me like im weird or a hillbilly, cause, well, they are too...
Ryan549
500 Club

Unread postby Ryan549 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:34 pm

Something like Facebook, you are flooded with nonsense.
At least here, we share a common bond. We may not all agree, but we are respectful.
Boiling it down, we all just want to hunt, fish, trap and enjoy the outdoors. Life is good here.
Ryan
sagDE

Unread postby sagDE » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:48 pm

I come for the information. It’s nice to be able to come and hear about others experiences. To learn about what worked and what didn’t, and also to ask questions of like minded people. My wife sure doesn’t care about what bow I’m shooting or how many bedding areas I find!
Drich

Unread postby Drich » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:19 am

They are better than a day at work.
Ghost Hunter

Unread postby Ghost Hunter » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:33 am

I am here for conversation and get through spring summer and into our favorite time of year. Good hunting forum makes it easier. I'm not on but three other forums. Sometime I will take a break and not post for a few days. But, I will still be around.
I'm reason they call it hunting and not shooting.
Upatreeinwv

Unread postby Upatreeinwv » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:34 am

Ryan, I like your last two sentences. Perfect explanation.
UncleBuck3268
500 Club
Facebook: NONE

Unread postby UncleBuck3268 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:58 am

I’m here for the camaraderie as well as so much of the knowledge everyone shares of their own.

This forum serves as decrompression as well from work and all the other BS going on in today’s world.
Putt400
500 Club

Unread postby Putt400 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:44 am

I’ve cruised around on this forum for probably a good year (for my own reasons) before actually registering to the site. Totally glad to take part with members here who aren’t so quick to judge or berate someone’s idea or their opinion they may have towards whatever the topic being discussed. We all come from many backgrounds, differences, and overall life experiences. I do cherish the amount of hunting knowledge under one roof no matter what one’s hunting level experience may be. To the members on this forum and the information you share, do know it is greatly appreciated. I wish I would have had this available to me when I first started bow hunting. Thanks!
“No matter how good or bad your life is, wake up each morning and be thankful you still have one”...Zig Ziglar
Moose
500 Club

Unread postby Moose » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:49 am

This is the only hunting forum I'm on and the only fourm I visit regularly. I think people get on fourms to learn and to converse with people that are interested in the same things.
Dhoff
500 Club

Unread postby Dhoff » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:52 am

Ryan549 wrote:Something like Facebook, you are flooded with nonsense.
At least here, we share a common bond. We may not all agree, but we are respectful.
Boiling it down, we all just want to hunt, fish, trap and enjoy the outdoors. Life is good here.

You nailed it.
Ghost Hunter

Unread postby Ghost Hunter » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:34 am

Dhoff wrote:

You nailed it.

X2
I'm reason they call it hunting and not shooting.
jkelley1487

Unread postby jkelley1487 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:11 pm

So true
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:10 am

First get addicted to website and get your masters on deer hunting, then get addicted to scouting, set for life.
buttonbuck
500 Club

Unread postby buttonbuck » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:06 am

Education & Fellowship

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”