Three Bedding Examples with Video and Map Visuals

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Double Draw

Three Bedding Examples with Video and Map Visuals

Unread postby Double Draw » Mon May 03, 2021 8:47 am

I feel blessed to have the opportunity to scout a lot of public land for mature bucks. Here are three bedding examples of mature bucks in highly pressured public land in several states. Each bed is shown with with video of the beds and map aids. In this video are a mountain buck bed, swamp island bed and river bottom bed. Hope this is insightful.
https://youtu.be/6rJ1Bi_C_PE

Coalcracker

Re: Three Bedding Examples with Video and Map Visuals

Unread postby Coalcracker » Sun May 09, 2021 12:46 am

Well done! Thanks for sharing
Shoot Straight
Moose
500 Club

Unread postby Moose » Mon May 10, 2021 7:50 am

Great explanations! I enjoyed watching.
Jrdeerhuntr

Unread postby Jrdeerhuntr » Tue May 11, 2021 5:02 am

I also enjoyed watching. It would be nice to hear if you hunted any of theses beds and how you approached setting up on them, maybe that is coming in the videos.
Double Draw

Unread postby Double Draw » Tue May 11, 2021 12:09 pm

Coalcracker wrote:Well done! Thanks for sharing

Thanks...I appreciate it.
Double Draw

Coalcracker wrote:Well done! Thanks for sharing

Thanks...I appreciate it.
Double Draw

Moose wrote:Great explanations! I enjoyed watching.

Thanks for watching. It so much fun being a 'deer detective.'
Double Draw

Unread postby Double Draw » Tue May 11, 2021 12:15 pm

Jrdeerhuntr wrote:I also enjoyed watching. It would be nice to hear if you hunted any of theses beds and how you approached setting up on them, maybe that is coming in the videos.

The swamp buck bed I found after this past hunting season was over...with the buck in the bed...bumped him off. The mountain bed I got to surveil in season but couldn't go back bc of my family. I do have a video up now on how to hunt the mountain buck, though. The river bottom buck hunt got ruined even before I was set up from someone flying a drone over the area and scaring the buck. I will have 'how to hunt' videos up on the swamp and river bottom bucks soon.
mipubbucks24
500 Club

Unread postby mipubbucks24 » Tue May 11, 2021 12:24 pm

I subscribed and have been watching your videos, good stuff, the hill country one was really good, with your scenarios of how you would hunt it.
How did you develop your strategies?
Jrdeerhuntr

Unread postby Jrdeerhuntr » Wed May 12, 2021 12:49 am

Double Draw wrote:
Jrdeerhuntr wrote:I also enjoyed watching. It would be nice to hear if you hunted any of theses beds and how you approached setting up on them, maybe that is coming in the videos.

The swamp buck bed I found after this past hunting season was over...with the buck in the bed...bumped him off. The mountain bed I got to surveil in season but couldn't go back bc of my family. I do have a video up now on how to hunt the mountain buck, though. The river bottom buck hunt got ruined even before I was set up from someone flying a drone over the area and scaring the buck. I will have 'how to hunt' videos up on the swamp and river bottom bucks soon.

I enjoy seeing others thought process on how to hunt a bedding location, I will check out the other videos, nice work.
Double Draw

Unread postby Double Draw » Wed May 12, 2021 3:03 pm

mipubbucks24 wrote:I subscribed and have been watching your videos, good stuff, the hill country one was really good, with your scenarios of how you would hunt it.

Thanks. I grew up in a family that didn't hunt but I was intrigued by deer even as a kid. I would race home from school and go out in the woods and climb a tree and watch deer. Did it for several decades before taking a bow or rifle with me. I owned doe urine, estrous can, grunt tube and more before I ever became a hunter. Long way to say my main teacher is simply watching deer do what they do. I have made every mistake there is to make and they become great tools. I read extensively and scout a ton. In the last few years it has really started to click in a whole new way.

Btw, the Beast is a top notch resource and Dan is a gifted teacher. I love the exchange on here. I hope that helps.
Double Draw

Unread postby Double Draw » Wed May 12, 2021 3:04 pm

Jrdeerhuntr wrote:
Double Draw wrote:

I enjoy seeing others thought process on how to hunt a bedding location, I will check out the other videos, nice work.

Thanks. I appreciate it.
mipubbucks24
500 Club

Unread postby mipubbucks24 » Thu May 13, 2021 1:58 pm

Double Draw wrote:
mipubbucks24 wrote:I subscribed and have been watching your videos, good stuff, the hill country one was really good, with your scenarios of how you would hunt it.

Thanks. I grew up in a family that didn't hunt but I was intrigued by deer even as a kid. I would race home from school and go out in the woods and climb a tree and watch deer. Did it for several decades before taking a bow or rifle with me. I owned doe urine, estrous can, grunt tube and more before I ever became a hunter. Long way to say my main teacher is simply watching deer do what they do. I have made every mistake there is to make and they become great tools. I read extensively and scout a ton. In the last few years it has really started to click in a whole new way.

Btw, the Beast is a top notch resource and Dan is a gifted teacher. I love the exchange on here. I hope that helps.

Good stuff keep the content coming

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”