Is saddle hunting phasing out?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Jackson Marsh

Re: Is saddle hunting phasing out?

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Tue May 18, 2021 12:12 pm

mipubbucks24 wrote:
dan wrote:
mipubbucks24 wrote:When is the beast stand verses saddle set up with Dave Tom’s video coming out? Or did I miss it, been working a lot of late.

He canceled...

Bummer, is it being rescheduled or just done? If no one wants to step up and have a friendly challenge, says something I guess, and I run a saddle.

DaveT lives in Texas...that's a long haul for a video IMO.

Brian1986

Unread postby Brian1986 » Tue May 25, 2021 11:05 am

I considered a saddle after reading and seeing lots of positive comments about them. But after my looking into it, for me the pro's don't outweigh the cons. I think it's great for the guys that like them or get a benefit that allows them some comfort that a stand doesn't (I've read some guys say that it helps them hunt despite their back pain, etc.). I have my system pretty dialed in and like hunting from a stand. I like the advantages of a stand.
Abishai

Unread postby Abishai » Tue May 25, 2021 12:12 pm

I think the bubble has probably burst. I like it as another method, but am not a saddle-only guy. I figured it would be that way as I was aware of saddle hunting 20 years prior to the boom. I figure most will try it and go back to traditional stands.
“If you consider an unsuccessful hunt to be a waste of time, then the true meaning of the chase eludes you all together.”– Fred Bear
DaveT1963
500 Club

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Tue May 25, 2021 11:55 pm

Guys, as I posted earlier, I had to back out due to my house sitter having an emergency and backing out the evening before. I had no time to make other arrangements for my three dogs. I ate my plane fare, hotel and rental car.... Costly mistake.

I've offered to reschedule......

I assure you I did not "back out" because of any other perceived reasons.... I'm very comfortable with my "saddle manliness" and it's abilities.

Now if some of you want to chip in to cover expenses, that is always welcomed. :)

DaveT1963
szwampdonkey
500 Club

Unread postby szwampdonkey » Fri May 28, 2021 6:24 am

DaveT1963 wrote:Guys, as I posted earlier, I had to back out due to my house sitter having an emergency and backing out the evening before. I had no time to make other arrangements for my three dogs. I ate my plane fare, hotel and rental car.... Costly mistake.

I assure you I did not "back out" because of any other perceived reasons.... I'm very comfortable with my "saddle manliness" and it's abilities.

Now if some of you want to chip in to cover expenses, that is always welcomed. :)

DaveT1963

What the heck is “saddle manliness” :D
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Fri May 28, 2021 7:36 am

DaveT1963 wrote:Guys, as I posted earlier, I had to back out due to my house sitter having an emergency and backing out the evening before. I had no time to make other arrangements for my three dogs. I ate my plane fare, hotel and rental car.... Costly mistake.

DaveT1963

You should come in September so you can hunt....screw the video :lol:
DaveT1963
500 Club

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Fri May 28, 2021 1:18 pm

Niw thats a great idea
DaveT1963
500 Club

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Fri May 28, 2021 1:19 pm

szwampdonkey wrote:

DaveT1963

What the heck is “saddle manliness” :D

Apparently some don't think its cool, legit, whatever.....

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”