Treestand snacks.

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Waddams

Re: Treestand snacks.

Unread postby Waddams » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:16 am

I tried vienna sausages once. Poured the liquid in the ground under my stand. A little later I heard this roaring buzz. Looked down and there was like a 100 yellow jackets all over the fluid. Had to stay up until well after dark for the jackets to go home before it cleared out enough to get down without getting lit up by those guys.

Moral of story, don't being vienna sausages. Unless you're gonna pour it around some other guy's stand to keep him away!

rempse2

Unread postby rempse2 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:39 am

Trail mix to munch on whenever my stomach rumbles. Big PB&J at noon time, wash it down with an Honest Kids juice. Some Wint-O-Green Life Savers and a few peanut butter cups.
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:43 pm

MichiganMike wrote:
Jonny wrote:Leftover pizza, a whopper, day old Taco Bell, venison summer sausage brought back to where I first met him, coffee, flavored water, maybe some hard candy.

And a roll of toilet paper. Not fun playing beat the clock. I’m switching to a zip loc of wet wipes for next season.

There's a guy up here in Michigan that does that. He always post pictures of him in his stand with a piece of pizza or a whopper. He actually had a portable grill in one of his pics cooking eggs. Pretty hilarious.

Gun season I always stop go to a drive thru the night before. Usually do Burger King. Best was a whole rocky rococcos sausage onion pepper and mushroom pizza split over 3 days. Living large.

Last year I took a venison summer sausage from a spike i shot from the same tree. Dropped it 3 hours into the hunt and shot 2 deer an hour later. Sausage was still good, had to brush some dirt and sand off it though.

I’m too young to not enjoy myself during gun season. Bow hunting I’m more serious. Did blow a chance at a real nice buck though last year taking a leak and not making sure the coast was clear.
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
SneakyHunter

Unread postby SneakyHunter » Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:29 am

For short hunts, I don't take anything but usually have a variety of granola bars in my backpack. For all day hunts, I take leftover pizza, pb & J sandwiches, hummus wraps etc. as a main course and granola, almonds, dry cereal, apple sauce, etc as snacks.

There have been several occasions where I somehow dropped my main course out of my climber. That leads to me tying my bow rope to the end of my squirrel arrow and then having to harpoon my stranded food.
szwampdonkey
500 Club

Unread postby szwampdonkey » Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:29 am

All day hunts it’s water, water, water. Keeps you from getting hungry.

Midday i’ll eat either my PB and J i packed or option 2 which would be a Snickers and a Mt Dew.

But i’ve learned the more food i pack the more i’ll eat out of boredom not hunger. Not like i’m going to starve to death on a rut hunt 20 minutes from home.
Ryan549
500 Club

Unread postby Ryan549 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:40 am

Guys grinding the teeth down on their stands to save 1/16 of an ounce are the same ones who pack in 35 lbs of little debbies and 2 liters of Mountain Dew.
Ryan
Djp32

Unread postby Djp32 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:18 am

Ryan549 wrote:Guys grinding the teeth down on their stands to save 1/16 of an ounce are the same ones who pack in 35 lbs of little debbies and 2 liters of Mountain Dew.

Hilarious… and true
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:30 am

Ryan549 wrote:Guys grinding the teeth down on their stands to save 1/16 of an ounce are the same ones who pack in 35 lbs of little debbies and 2 liters of Mountain Dew.

Plus the same weight spare tire around the waist.
Hookslinger
500 Club

Unread postby Hookslinger » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:35 am

Dewey wrote:

Making fun of the fat kids now huh? :hand:
Ryan549
500 Club

Unread postby Ryan549 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:53 am

Hahaha! I have no issue with the fat kids, just poking fun at the ideology.
Ryan
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:58 am

Hookslinger wrote:
Dewey wrote:

I’m including myself. ;)
Hookslinger
500 Club

Unread postby Hookslinger » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:27 am

Dewey wrote:
Hookslinger wrote:
Dewey wrote:

I’m including myself. ;)

Haha I gotcha.

But I think Ryan549 was referring to the fat dudes that focus primarily on gear mods because they can't kill big bucks. :P
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:41 am

Hookslinger wrote:
Dewey wrote:
Hookslinger wrote:
Dewey wrote:

I’m including myself. ;)

Haha I gotcha.

But I think Ryan549 was referring to the fat dudes that focus primarily on gear mods because they can't kill big bucks. :P

I'm not fat . :lol:
Ryan549
500 Club

Unread postby Ryan549 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:53 am

Hookslinger wrote:
Dewey wrote:
Hookslinger wrote:
Dewey wrote:

I’m including myself. ;)

Haha I gotcha.

:lol:
Ryan
Brad
500 Club

Unread postby Brad » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:55 am

I take dried apricots and roasted salted mixed nuts, plenty of water, and usually a gatorade. I don't worry much about eating, but definitely want to stay hydrated. the apricots are high in potassium and the nuts are good for sodium and calories.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”