Boundary Waters

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Chuck B
500 Club

Boundary Waters

Unread postby Chuck B » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:06 am

I heard a podcast years ago regarding bowhunting in the BWCA. It really got my attention. I think I would love a trip like that. I was "supposed" to take my first elk hunting trip this fall, but it fell through. So, with that being said, I have been tossing around some whitetail hunts in my head. Bowhunting the BWCA sounds challenging and exciting, which is right up my alley.

Anyone ever do that on this thread? If so, care to share any pointers or open to a convo?

If you aren't green and growing, you are ripe and rotting
BRoth82
500 Club

Re: Boundary Waters

Unread postby BRoth82 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:47 am

I used to rifle hunt in that area, we have a cabin that is surrounded on 3 sides by the BWCAW, that being said the hunting has been really bad in recent years. The best advice I can give you is find the food and you'll find the deer, this might be a dried up beaver pond.
UntouchableNess
500 Club

Unread postby UntouchableNess » Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:38 pm

We hunted around Lake Vermilion back in 1990. Tough hunting, The people up there we hunted with are struggling with low herd numbers due to wolves. Good luck to you.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:49 pm

Here’s a good thread.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3734
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:55 pm

Have certain critters that definitely tickle my pickle in regards to hunting them. I want to experience a grizzly hunt with a stickbow. Not so much about a high odds kill as as it is about how I would feel with one ontop of me armed with only a primitive weapon. Learn a lot about yourself in those situations.

We only live once amigo so might as well rare up and see what u got! If given the opportunity that doesn’t involve filling for bankruptcy I say jump on it and give it your best shot.
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”