Hunting clothing organization

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Tennhunter3
500 Club

Hunting clothing organization

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:41 pm

I kinda stopped carrying bins of clothes due to i kept losing things. Not really for scent purposes.

This year I figured I would do something different.
And color code my gear in bags,pouches
Plus I already had some bags lying around.
Dunno how well this idea will work but I don't see how i can do much worse then I've been doing.
This way I can grab whichever bag I feel that I need out of the car before that hunt.

So far I have a bag for each with a different camo pattern or way to identify.

Thermals

Xtra jacket

Early season spare shirt ,pants

And Rainwear.

I like things organized and in place.
Mornings where it has a slight chance of rain that turned into a downpour. If I'd only had my rain gear.

Or needing a extra jacket because I underdressed seems to occur alot in November when the lows are in 40s but highs in mid 60s and warm by 9am.

While yes I could just carry a huge bin and search through it each day and put that item in my backpack. I really think a color code system will be much more efficient. Its no fun to get to a hunting spot and realize the socks fell out of the bin and were left at yesterday's wma . It's occurred more times then I want to admit.

Here's what I've got so far.
20210722_024201.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.
greenhorndave
500 Club

Re: Hunting clothing organization

Unread postby greenhorndave » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:38 am

Not a bad idea at all. I’ve used the bin method and, I assume, lost a few gloves during the transfer process as they gone :lol:
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:48 am

I’m that guy that could care less what color I wear to the woods, yeah most of its camo cause that’s why they sell but to be honest I wouldn’t hesitate to buy solid colors if that’s what they had. To most hunters I pry look like a messy bum when I’m heading to the woods. I’m definately not looking like the guys you see on tv matching all pretty and stuff lol
Rain gear on the other hand if there’s a highprobability for rain I’m wearing the rain gear especially for all day sits.
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:19 am

tim wrote:I’m that guy that could care less what color I wear to the woods, yeah most of its camo cause that’s why they sell but to be honest I wouldn’t hesitate to buy solid colors if that’s what they had. To most hunters I pry look like a messy bum when I’m heading to the woods. I’m definately not looking like the guys you see on tv matching all pretty and stuff lol
Rain gear on the other hand if there’s a highprobability for rain I’m wearing the rain gear especially for all day sits.

Do you ever underdress in the stand and want a extra layer?
The idea of wearing any rain gear all day doesn't sound fun.

The bags being camo really doesn't matter they are just to identify rainsuit is in x bag.
Trout
500 Club

Unread postby Trout » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:41 am

I run a single tub with everything I might need and then adjust as needed what goes in my pack for each hunt based on the day's weather. I will grab what I need from the tub and put it in my pack. If I don't need something in my pack from the previous hunt, it goes back in the tub. On nice days I dont bring any extra clothes, on iffy days I might bring a midlayer or rain jacket, or whatever. The tub runs in the rear cabin of my truck next to my bow case and under my pack. Small items like gloves, neck gators, etc always stay in my pack so I dont lose them or not have them. Heavier gloves are in a gallon sized zip lok in the tub. As the season goes on, the lightweight early season stuff gets removed from the tub and taken in the house.
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:55 am

Our weather here changes so much.
It can be 35 in the morning and in 60s in afternoon.

Two days later it is a low of 55 high of 80.

I'm kinda forced to keep all different garments for temperature ranges.

Tennessee weather is really crazy November and December.

I used to keep giant Rubbermaid bin in the car all year.
Putt400
500 Club

Unread postby Putt400 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:05 am

All clothes are in a latched container and I adjust what is inside as season/temps change.
“No matter how good or bad your life is, wake up each morning and be thankful you still have one”...Zig Ziglar
tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:56 am

Tennhunter3 wrote:
tim wrote:I’m that guy that could care less what color I wear to the woods, yeah most of its camo cause that’s why they sell but to be honest I wouldn’t hesitate to buy solid colors if that’s what they had. To most hunters I pry look like a messy bum when I’m heading to the woods. I’m definately not looking like the guys you see on tv matching all pretty and stuff lol

Do you ever underdress in the stand and want a extra layer?
The idea of wearing any rain gear all day doesn't sound fun.

The bags being camo really doesn't matter they are just to identify rainsuit is in x bag.

If I wear my rain gear it’s on all day. I have a thinner later that can fit over my regular stuff and I have a new set of rain gear that is ultra warm for when it’s really cold and raining or snowing . When I’m a long ways away from home and don’t have access to a dryer I’d rather wear the rain gear all day instead of get soaked

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”