Beast stand Flex?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
bgordorfski

Re: Beast stand Flex?

Unread postby bgordorfski » Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:47 am

dan wrote:The "flex" is why we can make it so light. It bends, not breaks. It was professionally weight and stress tested. As long as it goes back to its original shape, whats it hurting? It was designed to do this. when our shorter version comes out it will have less flex, cause a lot of it has to do with how far away from the cable attachment you are... Not sure how a little flexing hunts anything?

Shorter version?… :o ….Will we see that this season?

Mike32
500 Club

Unread postby Mike32 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:04 am

With a shorter version coming out, that means I'll probably have two beast stands. Lol
Hoyt RX7 bow, and exodus broadheads
Beast stand and beast sticks.
mauser06
500 Club

Unread postby mauser06 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:19 pm

Gotta be honest....seeing some videos and it looking like the guys boot is on a sponge....made me pause.

I just weighed my Alpha. 16.5lbs all up. Pushing 30 with 4 sticks.

With the waist belt and better straps, it actually carries well. But fighting a 16.5lb stand while standing on a little metal step on the side of a tree isn't exactly easy and I try extra hard to not make noise and end up making more noise than I want because I'm fighting g the big heavy stand.

Dont know what to do. The beast stand would absolutely be all me. But I'm not a light fella. I know it's been tested and tried for several years. That's why I want one so bad. I'm sure it's perfect. Just a mental blockage.

Anyone in western PA have one I can stand on?? Lol
wolfie729
500 Club

Unread postby wolfie729 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:20 am

dan wrote:The "flex" is why we can make it so light. It bends, not breaks. It was professionally weight and stress tested. As long as it goes back to its original shape, whats it hurting? It was designed to do this. when our shorter version comes out it will have less flex, cause a lot of it has to do with how far away from the cable attachment you are... Not sure how a little flexing hunts anything?

Ok was just asking did not expect the flex. Do you have any specs or size on the new small stand? Also any idea when it will be released?
Earn what’s never given.
Jimmy wallhanger
500 Club

Unread postby Jimmy wallhanger » Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:37 am

mauser06 wrote:Gotta be honest....seeing some videos and it looking like the guys boot is on a sponge....made me pause.

With the waist belt and better straps, it actually carries well. But fighting a 16.5lb stand while standing on a little metal step on the side of a tree isn't exactly easy and I try extra hard to not make noise and end up making more noise than I want because I'm fighting g the big heavy stand.

Dont know what to do. The beast stand would absolutely be all me. But I'm not a light fella. I know it's been tested and tried for several years. That's why I want one so bad. I'm sure it's perfect. Just a mental blockage.

The flex is not a big issue. Ive bounced up and down on the end of mine at 210lb and it was fine. Buy one you wont regret it and if you happen to you can sell it for almost what you paid.
"I don't care if you use it or not, I could care less, There's no money in it for me, Im not making any money from scent-lok... I'm making a little bit of royalties from the saddlehunter suit"
Country
500 Club

Unread postby Country » Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:05 am

bgordorfski wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I like the optimism though ;)
PK_
500 Club

Unread postby PK_ » Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:28 pm

mauser06 wrote:Gotta be honest....seeing some videos and it looking like the guys boot is on a sponge....made me pause.

I just hung mine in a tree for the first time and it is freaking nice dude my advice for anyone On the fence is get one. I was pretty impressed with it when it arrived, but hanging it in a tree, while getting raped by fire ants, in 90° weather, I can tell you that the carry weight is not nearly as big of a deal as how easy this thing is to hang on the tree. It hangs as easy as my sticks pretty much. It’s insane.

I didn’t even notice the flex at all but that could have been because it was a pretty small tree and windy :lol:
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
szwampdonkey
500 Club

Unread postby szwampdonkey » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:57 pm

When I used to hang my LW Assault I would take a piece of paracord with a loop on it and a small prussik knot with a little carabiner on it. At height i would girth hitch the paracord around the tree, use the prussik to slide the little carabiner up or down based on where i wanted to hang the stand, then i would hook that carabiner into the seat so that the stand would hang there freely while I was then able to freely use both hands to work the straps and such. After it was hung id take the paracord off the tree and put it back in my pack. It only took seconds to girth hitch the paracord and take it off but it made hanging the stand so much easier like there was another person up there with me to hold the stand.

Just an idea that helped me in case you wanted to try that out.
Brian1986

Unread postby Brian1986 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:02 pm

I took the plunge today and ordered a Beast stand & 5 Mini sticks. Excited to get my hands on it. I actually had a hang-on stand platform break while I was hunting in it last November. I was sitting and flexed my weight to my feet to reposition on my seat when suddenly "POP" the bottom broke loose without warning. I was wearing my safety harness & fortunately the seat & bracket were still secured to the tree so I didn't drop, didn't get hurt. But it took a couple amateur spiderman moves to get from the seat onto the climbing stick. Thank goodness the stand platform didn't break while I was standing on it a few minutes earlier. That experience prompted me to buy the best stand and sticks on the market. I'm not concerned that the stand may have some flex. I trust Dan and his crew. I trust the engineering they put into the design. That Dan & Mario would put their name on it is good enough for me.
tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:40 pm

I just bought my stand today at deer fest from Dan and Mario. I hopped up on that stand and my 170lb wasn’t flexin nothing lol…..I like buying stuff in person so was glad they had a few left I was able to get one right there on the spot. I already knew how light it was going to be cause I handled it a couple years ago but everytime ya pick it up is like wow. Everyone stopping by the boooth would look then big hunt would hand it to them and same reaction from every single person …. Was quite funny when people got them in their hands ………..
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:04 pm

tim wrote:I just bought my stand today at deer fest from Dan and Mario. I hopped up on that stand and my 170lb wasn’t flexin nothing lol…..I like buying stuff in person so was glad they had a few left I was able to get one right there on the spot. I already knew how light it was going to be cause I handled it a couple years ago but everytime ya pick it up is like wow. Everyone stopping by the boooth would look then big hunt would hand it to them and same reaction from every single person …. Was quite funny when people got them in their hands ………..

Every single one of them did this… :o
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
Bentstraight

Unread postby Bentstraight » Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:31 pm

Country wrote:
bgordorfski wrote:

:pray:
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:36 am

I think the box the stand came in was about the same weight.

I'm 170 .
It flexing is a good thing so it won't snap like other stands.

I do wear a saddle,safety harness with it.

If you wanna build trust in it put it 2 feet up and jump up and down for a few minutes it's what I did when I first got mine.
Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.
Putt400
500 Club

Unread postby Putt400 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:11 am

szwampdonkey wrote:

When I used to hang my LW Assault I would take a piece of paracord with a loop on it and a small prussik knot with a little carabiner on it. At height i would girth hitch the paracord around the tree, use the prussik to slide the little carabiner up or down based on where i wanted to hang the stand, then i would hook that carabiner into the seat so that the stand would hang there freely while I was then able to freely use both hands to work the straps and such. After it was hung id take the paracord off the tree and put it back in my pack. It only took seconds to girth hitch the paracord and take it off but it made hanging the stand so much easier like there was another person up there with me to hold the stand.

Just an idea that helped me in case you wanted to try that out.

You can also use the EZ hang hook system the same way with paracord attached to the batwing to hold the stand while attaching the straps.
“No matter how good or bad your life is, wake up each morning and be thankful you still have one”...Zig Ziglar
Dhoff
500 Club

Unread postby Dhoff » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:26 am

Bentstraight wrote:
Country wrote:
bgordorfski wrote:

:pray:

The guy puts out the best stand on the market and people already want the next one....

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”