Deer grave yards

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Brad
500 Club

Re: Deer grave yards

Unread postby Brad » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:30 pm

My big buck I killed last year on Nov 3rd I am certain I bumped out of his bed one year earlier. Unfortunately it was a gut shot & I went back next day with a tracking dog. Even more unfortunate was that we bumped the buck out of a bed twice, still alive 24 hours after the shot. I found him 3 days after the shot right by one of the beds I found, which was maybe 40 yards from the bed I bumped him from the year before, & within 70 yards of the two beds I bumped him from the night after the shot. It was definitely either a place he felt safe or at least his familiar place that he didn't want to leave.

Mat-Ch-155

Re: Deer grave yards

Unread postby Mat-Ch-155 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:32 am

C494DA5D-F1D5-41F2-8389-6BAD017351E1.jpeg

This a poach buck my dad found on his property. He add .22 hole right in front of his left eye, suggesting that someone probably shined him and shot him with a small caliber at night.

He died in a dense fir thicket right by a transition line with a open maple stand.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”