Spartan fordge mapping app

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

UncleBuck3268
500 Club
Facebook: NONE

Re: Spartan fordge mapping app

Unread postby UncleBuck3268 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:32 am

szwampdonkey wrote:There isn’t an app that exists that can teach you how to kill deer. A lot of guys are WAY too reliant on technology when it’s not the answer. Time spent on the woods learning is the answer not some app on your phone. There isn’t a thing on your phone that will make you a better hunter. In fact, if a lot of guys left their phones in the truck i’d bet they would kill more deer.

True statement. Other variable not considered would be public pressure. I don’t know this for sure but I would imagine. I’m sure there will be limited success with the app, but not enough to change the whole game. If it were to change the game, I would think DNR would step in at some point but I highly doubt it would happen.

phade
500 Club

Unread postby phade » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:27 am

szwampdonkey wrote:There isn’t an app that exists that can teach you how to kill deer. A lot of guys are WAY too reliant on technology when it’s not the answer. Time spent on the woods learning is the answer not some app on your phone. There isn’t a thing on your phone that will make you a better hunter. In fact, if a lot of guys left their phones in the truck i’d bet they would kill more deer.

While I get the nail you are hammering home, I think the phone has provided a material amount of learning for me and alot of people. We're all on this forum, for example. It is a tool one can leverage the experiences of those who have come before us, been there done that, or bring a different POV. Over reliance? Yes, but there are things phone-based that most all of us have gained an advantage with.
http://www.pursuitoutdoors.com
Trail Camera Sales, Industry Updates, and Cam Troubleshooting - PM for HB pricing
TheGingerBowhunter
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jacob.myers.585

Unread postby TheGingerBowhunter » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:36 am

After interviewing Bill Thompson multiple times and speaking to him for a few weeks I find the information around the GPS data to be very interesting and how the Artificial Intelligence uses the data. The issue is mature bucks don’t often act like other “deer” and a lot of the time may go against the grain. After messing with these GPS studies myself it’s interesting to see some bucks have a pattern while other seemingly don’t. The Spartan Forge app with their mapping system seems to be a solid alternative to other mapping platforms especially if the winter aerial imagery is for the whole country. That’s my biggest issue with OnX.
If you aren’t bleeding then it’s not thick enough.
szwampdonkey
500 Club

Unread postby szwampdonkey » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:45 pm

phade wrote:

While I get the nail you are hammering home, I think the phone has provided a material amount of learning for me and alot of people. We're all on this forum, for example. It is a tool one can leverage the experiences of those who have come before us, been there done that, or bring a different POV. Over reliance? Yes, but there are things phone-based that most all of us have gained an advantage with.

What do you mean? There’s an “app” for this forum???? Heck, i’ve been commenting on my puter!
Stingray713
500 Club

Unread postby Stingray713 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:39 am

Anybody used this app? The Maps are pretty legit. Topo and topo layed over satellite needs work, but the leaf off and his res images are gooooood stuff. The weather and wind data are nice too.
Strategically Inefficient
Stingray713
500 Club

Unread postby Stingray713 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:48 am

The movement/pattern prediction stuff is whatever, not going to help with pressured mature bucks. However, the mapping is worth it, no question in my mind.
Strategically Inefficient
brancher147
500 Club

Unread postby brancher147 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:18 pm

Stingray713 wrote:The movement/pattern prediction stuff is whatever, not going to help with pressured mature bucks. However, the mapping is worth it, no question in my mind.

Agree. I don’t even look at the predictions. The maps are well worth it and I expect everything will be better after testing this beta version. I did notice they have the moon OH/UF times backwards for me right now but again it’s in a testing phase…

If everything works as advertised when launched I will probably switch from my current map program.
Some do. Some don't. I just might...

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”