You are State Deer Czar. What does your season look like?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

tim
500 Club

Re: You are State Deer Czar. What does your season look like?

Unread postby tim » Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:54 am

Wisconsin
Only things I’d change is the special doe seasons because you can shoot does all season anyways so get rid of those.
-also I would make wisconsin a reciprocating state. Ex: your from iowa - you must buy your points and get drawn to hunt here every four years, your from Minnesota you can buy over the counter same price your state charges etc…

Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:45 am

tim wrote:Wisconsin
Only things I’d change is the special doe seasons because you can shoot does all season anyways so get rid of those.
-also I would make wisconsin a reciprocating state. Ex: your from iowa - you must buy your points and get drawn to hunt here every four years, your from Minnesota you can buy over the counter same price your state charges etc…

I like that idea. 8-)
mobymikeguide

Unread postby mobymikeguide » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:20 pm

Dewey wrote:

I like that idea. 8-)

Man I like that too, be a mess on the DNRs end especially if some were points and some were not. But just charging what what your home state charges for a non resident is pretty cool idea.
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:15 pm

I think folks in sub par states would love that idea. But is a guy from Iowa getting the same opportunity for his dollar? I think if you opened Iowa up to every Tom, Dick, and Harry it would a middle of the pack state in just a few seasons. Only reason it is mucho Bueno is cause they restrict access to outsiders and don’t allow guns and xbows during the rut. Surrounding states have the same genetics and food sources. Only difference is they don’t manage for trophy potential. I don’t hunt out of state and my home state is over the counter couple hundred NR tags.I have no dog in fight and really could care less. But if I did hunt out of state it would be Iowa for the reasons I mentioned
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
Drich

Unread postby Drich » Sun May 01, 2022 10:01 am

hmmm.....So take up residency in Rhode Island and travel the rest of the states hunting for about $80 each. Hopefully the two antlered permits and five antlerless permits that are included with my new home states license are included with the reciprocating deal.
Brian1986

Unread postby Brian1986 » Wed May 18, 2022 2:38 am

Dewey wrote:

I like that idea. 8-)

Weren't a few states like that in the 80s?
Brian1986

Unread postby Brian1986 » Wed May 18, 2022 2:55 am

For Ohio:
Only 1 buck per season, 3 does
Archery Sept 7- Feb 7
Youth shotgun/muzzleloader Sat & Sun Thanksgiving weekend
Shotgun/muzzleloader season Dec 7-16
Antlered only Dec 17-Feb 7

For non-residents:
Can hunt every season Dec 15-Feb 7
Can hunt every third year Sept 7-Feb 7

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”