Rare experience scouting today

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

fr0sty

Rare experience scouting today

Unread postby fr0sty » Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:28 pm

Was in the woods hanging a cam today when I heard some rustling behind me.. I turned around and saw a fawn running about 5 or 10 feet away. That was cool, but then i heard another rustle and expected another fawn.but what came through was a mature fisher dogging that fawn. It ran right up my scrape tree when it heard me and then buggered off when it saw me.

The cam that took this pic is where I was standing and the tree on the right is where the fisher imbed

Wild...

26656712.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stingray713
500 Club

Re: Rare experience scouting today

Unread postby Stingray713 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:49 pm

Wild indeed! Looks like a little bear.
7006EA43-930E-466B-B6D7-EC00CB48F07D.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Strategically Inefficient
515Raven

Unread postby 515Raven » Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:15 am

That’s pretty cool.
Trout
500 Club

Unread postby Trout » Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:44 am

Experiences like that are what make being an outdoorsman so fun. 8-)
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:34 am

Agreed Trout.

Had an interesting one scouting in summer last year. Grass was like 7 feet tall and thick so couldn't see much. There were these tunnels running through it that went up about waist high. I was walking through them and stopped in a small opening. Then I hear something barreling toward me and I have no idea what it is because the grass was too thick and high to see. I could see the tops of the grass wiggling and then whatever it was cut around me. Then there was another, same thing, but it was literally running at me this time. A mangy-looking coyote bursts out of the grass 5 yards away, glances at me, cuts diagonally and is gone in an eye blink. Must have been chasing a deer but it was a crazy experience
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:05 am

It’s funny cause I have always seen the craziest stuff while I’m out just scouting with no weapon. For decades I have been trying to arrow a jaguarundi. Had a couple pics but have never even laid eyes on one. Then one day scouting there is one just sitting on the bank of the creek eating a fish 15 yards away without a care in the world. Have yet to see another one!

In case anyone is curious what the heck I’m talking about here is a pic of the elusive jaguarundi

Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:27 am

Funny you say that Boogie because I wasn't packing that day either. Always a bit unnerving when you got something barreling straight at you.
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”