Public land challenge???

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

wdog

Public land challenge???

Unread postby wdog » Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:38 pm

Not going to be one this year, I’m assuming?

Jackson Marsh

Re: Public land challenge???

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:51 pm

That would be a bummer
Rich M
500 Club

Unread postby Rich M » Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:52 pm

What makes you say there wont be one?

They do have to keep quiet to avoid the guys who flock to them. I never understood this.
Trail

Unread postby Trail » Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:19 am

Hopefully they do it again this year. It's still early so there's still time for them to do it this season
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:43 am

Hope they have one.
They outta show up somewhere noone would ever expect like Arkansas,North Carolina or something.
Tennessee mountains would be cool.

I never hear anything about Deer hunting in North Carolina or Virgina. Would be awesome to see a challenge their.

Minnesota, Michigan and Pennsylvania so far beast crew seems to avoid the south I guess they hate snakes as much as I do. :lol:
Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.
Twenty Up
500 Club

Unread postby Twenty Up » Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:07 am

Tennhunter3 wrote:Hope they have one.
They outta show up somewhere noone would ever expect like Arkansas,North Carolina or something.
Tennessee mountains would be cool.

I never hear anything about Deer hunting in North Carolina or Virgina. Would be awesome to see a challenge their.

Minnesota, Michigan and Pennsylvania so far beast crew seems to avoid the south I guess they hate snakes as much as I do. :lol:

With how much these boys frequent Alabama during Turkey season, I would’ve thought they’d spend more time deer hunting down here.
Trust the Process~~ Lost Boys Outdoors ~~

YoutTube: https://youtube.com/channel/UC7TXknGut5WfZQ6CbddgqYg
Moose
500 Club

Unread postby Moose » Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:11 am

I look forward to public land challenge. It's fun seeing how the guys break everything down vs what I think I would do in my own mind. Kinda like testing myself against way better hunters.
Trail

Unread postby Trail » Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:35 am

Seeing THP hunting the deep south would be fun. They've deer hunted Tennessee, Arkansas, Kentucky, Alabama, and Mississippi so far but seeing them try out Louisiana or Florida would be really fun to watch
Micah

Unread postby Micah » Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:35 pm

If they do, wonder if Joe Rentmeester joins. He left early last year and broke his public land challenge kill streak.
SneakyHunter

Unread postby SneakyHunter » Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:44 pm

A guy on a PA forum started a thread about a challenge hunt with the Beast crew.

https://www.huntingpa.com/threads/battl ... ws.339687/
mipubbucks24
500 Club

Unread postby mipubbucks24 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:39 pm

SneakyHunter wrote:A guy on a PA forum started a thread about a challenge hunt with the Beast crew.

I think this is the battle of the bow where they have invited a bunch of guys who use different weapons, one stick bows, compound, crossbow, and I think Dan and Josh already let the cat out of the bag on that hunt. Pretty sure that is not the public land challenge that they do with THP.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:47 pm

mipubbucks24 wrote:
SneakyHunter wrote:A guy on a PA forum started a thread about a challenge hunt with the Beast crew.

I think this is the battle of the bow where they have invited a bunch of guys who use different weapons, one stick bows, compound, crossbow, and I think Dan and Josh already let the cat out of the bag on that hunt. Pretty sure that is not the public land challenge that they do with THP.

Thats a "Beast challenge" We are doing one or more of these a year and inviting teams, and some random viewer invites as well (by application) I have been getting a ton of questions about the Public land challenge. I have no idea if they are going to continue or not. If they do, and if Im invited, I will be taking Josh this year. I think the PLC is a great event, and I hope they continue it, but its really not up to me in any way.
RatMe

Unread postby RatMe » Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:27 pm

The PLC was a really entertaining and educational idea turned phenomenon. For the first few years folks were chomping at the bit to know when, who, where and why ( many still are). If I’m going back to old you tube videos it’s typically those challenges, not so much individual videos by THP.

I this would be an unfortunate one to lose, especially if it’s due to a lack of mobilization. The PLC really brought together multiple worlds ( new school and old school) and unified the hunting camp. I think about “the hand shake” and having Dan and Ted in the same tree to name a few. I think this would be a business misstep for THP but also a misstep for the culture.

That said, I’m a middle aged man whining about you tube videos… as long as everyone gets to hunt their hunt so be it.
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:14 am

"I have no idea if they are going to continue or not. If they do, and if Im invited, I will be taking Josh this year.I think the PLC is a great event, and I hope they continue it, but its really not up to me in any way."

Dan - You are out of my will!
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
3531usmc

Unread postby 3531usmc » Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:56 am

Micah wrote:If they do, wonder if Joe Rentmeester joins. He left early last year and broke his public land challenge kill streak.

Hopefully we see more of joe in dans videos soon.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”