Public land challenge???

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BigHunt

Re: Public land challenge???

Unread postby BigHunt » Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:18 pm

:lol: :clap:
Jackson Marsh wrote:
BigHunt wrote:
Rich M wrote:Can’t believe how many true LOOZERS there are out there.

Stalking Joe? What do they think?

That kid puts in all kinds of effort and if they used as much energy on stalking the deer, they’d get one too.

LOOZERS!

Gonna miss Joe, he’s a good one. Same w that other guy burning something, he was on heavy and did both deer and bear. Poof, gone.

Gotta admit that anonominity is handy. Aint noone gonna follow me around. LoL

Which other guy?

There was a guy on the Beast that used to post scouting and hunting stuff...he also made videos. One day he up and disappeared. Lots of rumors swirling. Some say he got swallowed up by the marsh, others say he fell off a bluff and some say he ran off with an Amish girlfriend and is building furniture and barns.....we may never know.

:lol:

HUNT LIKE A BEAST
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:30 am

dan wrote:
Ranger12 wrote:Absolutely! Where’s joe?! He’s a mega beast! Or even Mario for that old beast video feel?

Mario will be attending the battle of the bows challenge. Although I think he is coming only for a couple days... Joe told me over and over that he was having issues with people stalking him and his hunting spots and did not want to be in the videos. Mario is a busy guy who puts family 1st... I can't force people to film or to be who I or you want them to be... Get used to Josh, he is a solid killer who dont brag so you dont hear much of his accomplishments, but his wall :shock: at his age, speaks for itself...

Josh is low-key for sure. Great dude. One of the nicest guys you'll ever run into.

And rhat wall behind him when he does the live shows... I look at the different deer all the time during the show. Impressive is right.

He also got it done Day 1 in an out-of-state hunt in Nebraska this year, his own one-person public-land challenge. And he nailed it.
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:55 am

I wondered what happened to joe. Few years back someone on a Michigan hunting Facebook page posted his picture under a different name and said it was shot in Michigan. I alerted him about it. Could tell he was concerned
Rich M
500 Club

Unread postby Rich M » Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:42 am

BigHunt wrote:Which other guy?

I think its you. Used to post a lot, hunted w Dan some, bear too. Then mostly not around as much.
Rich M
500 Club

Unread postby Rich M » Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:51 am

I got a lot out of the public land challenge, mainly that i wasn’t pushing enough.

Why cant folks just let other guys hunt. They hunt harder, get more big bucks. So let’s follow them!

Amazing what we have out there.

Anyone wants to hunt w me in fl. It’ll take 3 pref points and they get a chance for a mature 8 pt, some have gone 18 inch spread. A 14-inch buck is a shooter. Let me know. I seen a shooter last year. Getting better.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:17 pm

Rich M wrote:
BigHunt wrote:Which other guy?

I think its you. Used to post a lot, hunted w Dan some, bear too. Then mostly not around as much.

Well I'm still here, I don't film as much anymore but I still check in to see what's going on here. I'll be bear hunting next year and plan on filming all that.
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
NorthStar
500 Club

Unread postby NorthStar » Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:39 am

I was just watching The Hunting Public Deer Tour episode 8 and I noticed Teddy mentioned at the end of the video that they are looking forward to coming back to Kansas at the end of the month. Could this be the location for this years PLC?
“The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭12:27‬ ‭NIV‬‬
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:59 am

NorthStar wrote:I was just watching The Hunting Public Deer Tour episode 8 and I noticed Teddy mentioned at the end of the video that they are looking forward to coming back to Kansas at the end of the month. Could this be the location for this years PLC?

I'd venture to say no. They are usually super secretive about it, plus every person in the PLC would have to have a Kansas tag. That might be tough to pull off for such a diverse group considering it's not an automatic draw.

They usually do OTC states.
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
G-Patt
500 Club

Unread postby G-Patt » Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:45 am

All this talk about Joe and Mario...well what about Richy Poo? The undertaker? Oh and crazy Greg. Where's he at?
On my deathbed, I will receive total consciousness. So I have that going for me, which is nice!
NorthStar
500 Club

Unread postby NorthStar » Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:50 am

greenhorndave wrote:
NorthStar wrote:I was just watching The Hunting Public Deer Tour episode 8 and I noticed Teddy mentioned at the end of the video that they are looking forward to coming back to Kansas at the end of the month. Could this be the location for this years PLC?

I'd venture to say no. They are usually super secretive about it, plus every person in the PLC would have to have a Kansas tag. That might be tough to pull off for such a diverse group considering it's not an automatic draw.

They usually do OTC states.

Good points. I just thought it was strange that they would be hitting the same state twice but makes sense if they have drawn a tag and want to keep hunting a high density deer state.
“The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭12:27‬ ‭NIV‬‬
upwind predator
500 Club

Unread postby upwind predator » Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:49 am

Pretty sure Ted was meaning he was coming back to hunt the rut after not having success early season there.
WVArcher32

Unread postby WVArcher32 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:29 am

From what I've gathered, THP seems to be cutting down on states this year and hunting closer states to home. Which is probably why they're going to be repeating some states.
Stingray713
500 Club

Unread postby Stingray713 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:58 am

G-Patt wrote:All this talk about Joe and Mario...well what about Richy Poo? The undertaker? Oh and crazy Greg. Where's he at?

Tim as well. Tim can get on bucks in a hurry for sure.
Strategically Inefficient
Trail

Unread postby Trail » Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:07 am

WVArcher32 wrote:From what I've gathered, THP seems to be cutting down on states this year and hunting closer states to home. Which is probably why they're going to be repeating some states.

Yeah, they've talked about spreading themselves too thin last season by hunting too many states
Ol Split ( ) Toes
500 Club

Unread postby Ol Split ( ) Toes » Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:05 am

Not looking good for having the PLC, not unless we're in store for some sort of special late season edition!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”