Public land challenge???

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

NorthStar
500 Club

Re: Public land challenge???

Unread postby NorthStar » Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:07 am

3531usmc wrote:
Micah wrote:If they do, wonder if Joe Rentmeester joins. He left early last year and broke his public land challenge kill streak.

Hopefully we see more of joe in dans videos soon.

Agreed! It’s so fun to watch him and Dan in these challenges!

“The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭12:27‬ ‭NIV‬‬
Ranger12
500 Club

Unread postby Ranger12 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:48 am

Absolutely! Where’s joe?! He’s a mega beast! Or even Mario for that old beast video feel?
Mike32
500 Club

Unread postby Mike32 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:56 am

Yep, gonna miss Joe!!!
Hoyt RX7 bow, and exodus broadheads
Beast stand and beast sticks.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:47 pm

Ranger12 wrote:Absolutely! Where’s joe?! He’s a mega beast! Or even Mario for that old beast video feel?

Mario will be attending the battle of the bows challenge. Although I think he is coming only for a couple days... Joe told me over and over that he was having issues with people stalking him and his hunting spots and did not want to be in the videos. Mario is a busy guy who puts family 1st... I can't force people to film or to be who I or you want them to be... Get used to Josh, he is a solid killer who dont brag so you dont hear much of his accomplishments, but his wall :shock: at his age, speaks for itself...
Stingray713
500 Club

Unread postby Stingray713 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:36 am

dan wrote:
Ranger12 wrote:Absolutely! Where’s joe?! He’s a mega beast! Or even Mario for that old beast video feel?

Mario will be attending the battle of the bows challenge. Although I think he is coming only for a couple days... Joe told me over and over that he was having issues with people stalking him and his hunting spots and did not want to be in the videos. Mario is a busy guy who puts family 1st... I can't force people to film or to be who I or you want them to be... Get used to Josh, he is a solid killerwho dont brag so you dont hear much of his accomplishments, but his wall :shock: at his age, speaks for itself...

Josh gets em killed, most of the time on film. I think he’s filmed killing 3 bucks in 3 states in the last 12 months(we’ll let him slide on the one in Indiana). Self-filming definitely ain’t for everyone. You gotta be all-in to killing bucks on film. No I’ll just leave the camera at home today cuz I really want to focus on killing this giant buck type stuff (that’s what I do :lol: )

I think he’s up to any challenge y’all get into.
Strategically Inefficient
mipubbucks24
500 Club

Unread postby mipubbucks24 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:02 am

dan wrote:

Mario will be attending the battle of the bows challenge. Although I think he is coming only for a couple days... Joe told me over and over that he was having issues with people stalking him and his hunting spots and did not want to be in the videos. Mario is a busy guy who puts family 1st... I can't force people to film or to be who I or you want them to be... Get used to Josh, he is a solid killer who dont brag so you dont hear much of his accomplishments, but his wall :shock: at his age, speaks for itself...

Can’t blame Joe, he has a young family and limited time, if I had people stalking my spots I would go totally MIA. It’s a shame people think this way, no one is ever going to kill by going after other peoples spots it just does not work. They should put the same effort into finding their own deer. Also really enjoy all the content that Josh puts out, glad he will be at all these events!
Huntress13
500 Club

Unread postby Huntress13 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:30 am

dan wrote:

Totally respect Joe's decision and though I'll miss him, Josh is growing on me ;)
Twigs in my hair, don't care.
Rich M
500 Club

Unread postby Rich M » Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:39 am

Can’t believe how many true LOOZERS there are out there.

Stalking Joe? What do they think?

That kid puts in all kinds of effort and if they used as much energy on stalking the deer, they’d get one too.

LOOZERS!

Gonna miss Joe, he’s a good one. Same w that other guy burning something, he was on heavy and did both deer and bear. Poof, gone.

Gotta admit that anonominity is handy. Aint noone gonna follow me around. LoL
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:56 am

Rich M wrote:Can’t believe how many true LOOZERS there are out there.

That kid puts in all kinds of effort and if they used as much energy on stalking the deer, they’d get one too.

LOOZERS!

Gonna miss Joe, he’s a good one. Same w that other guy burning something, he was on heavy and did both deer and bear. Poof, gone.

Which other guy?
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Trail

Unread postby Trail » Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:13 am

I will miss seeing both Joe and Mario in the videos although family always comes first of course. I hope they both continue to put down big bucks.

It's a downer hearing about Joe having problems with people stalking him. Any local who's known to kill mature bucks consistently will likely run into the same problem, I can't imagine how bad it must be for someone who kills them consistently and puts them on the web. Much luck to him and it's a shame he's having to go through tha
Huntress13
500 Club

Unread postby Huntress13 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:15 am

LOOZERS!

Right, it's good being a nobody.
Twigs in my hair, don't care.
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:08 am

Huntress13 wrote:

LOOZERS!

Right, it's good being a nobody.

Perks of shooting small bucks and does. Nobody stalks you and you eat good
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:52 am

BigHunt wrote:

LOOZERS!

Which other guy?

There was a guy on the Beast that used to post scouting and hunting stuff...he also made videos. One day he up and disappeared. Lots of rumors swirling. Some say he got swallowed up by the marsh, others say he fell off a bluff and some say he ran off with an Amish girlfriend and is building furniture and barns.....we may never know.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:23 pm

Jackson Marsh wrote:
BigHunt wrote:

LOOZERS!

Which other guy?

There was a guy on the Beast that used to post scouting and hunting stuff...he also made videos. One day he up and disappeared. Lots of rumors swirling. Some say he got swallowed up by the marsh, others say he fell off a bluff and some say he ran off with an Amish girlfriend and is building furniture and barns.....we may never know.

:lol:
Hookslinger
500 Club

Unread postby Hookslinger » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:32 pm

Man I hope they do a public land challenge. It's become a tradition now. I was wondering where Joe has been, but hey you have to respect his decision. I don't know him but sometimes I got the vibe that he didn't really like being in the spotlight. Between the Beast, THP, and the Exodus cribs episode, he was getting pretty popular.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”