Sell me on the Beast Stand

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

KLEMZ

Re: Sell me on the Beast Stand

Unread postby KLEMZ » Tue May 30, 2023 12:36 pm

I checked both Muck and La Crosse rubber hunting boots and both companies offer three different styles of soles/treads on their boots. Some are Vibram or Vibram knock offs, those are quiet on a wet Beast stand for sure. Some are unique in design and I have no clue without testing them, but I suspect they are all also quiet on a wet Beast stand platform. The ones pictured are the squeaky ones.

I think it may be the sides of the smooth rubber"pyramid" treads that are sliding on the side of the platform rungs causing the squeaks. I did not have this issue with any LW stands over the years. I believe that is because those cast platforms are course textured, not smooth. It's exactly the same phenomena as the wet rubber boot against the uncovered stand cable.

I considered Stealth Stripping the entire platform (and I may still). I considered making a boot cover (and I may still). I purchased the Viking Neo Gumleaf boots.. and I love the boots, but they are not as warm as the Woody Max Muck boot, so there is a trade off I'm not yet sure about.

austin1990
500 Club

Unread postby austin1990 » Wed May 31, 2023 2:51 am

I've been mobile hunting for about 15 years now, started with climbers, then I used a lock on and sticks for one season and started saddle hunting 5 years ago. Reason I'd went the saddle route was for packability and weight savings, and I've enjoyed it a lot. Only downside was all day or even half day sits werent very comfortable but I made due. I'd been interested in a lightweight hang on stand the last few years, but I couldn't justify the expense when I already had plenty of saddle gear that worked. Last year in December I found a heck of a deal on a gen 1 beast stand and 4 sticks that you could tell hadn't been hunted with 2 or 3 sits max, and the guy was only 30 minutes from me. So I went and checked it out, and was immediately blown away by the weight and the machine work. I'm a welder and machinist, so I see my share of good and bad and I was impressed with the stand Dan and Mario had produced. I ended up hunting out of it 4-5 times before season ended and each time was better than the previous, and it's all I plan to use this fall. Although early season when it's still real hot I may just stick with the saddle to keep my sweat down.

There was a bit of trial and error to it for me at first, and it may have mostly been me since I'd not hunted with a hang on in so long. It's very easy and lightweight to hang, what I would do is get it hung, then take and fold the platform up and tighten the strap and push down on the seat with an elbow and then cam the platform over. The bottom would wiggle some, but it was otherwise rock solid and not going anywhere. Any time I tried to toe hook it like I seen several people mention, i would get some creaking/popping noise from the antler bracket whenever i would shift my weight on the platform. I've been thinking of chamfering the antler bracket i have, or buying the new updated one and seeing if it fixes that issue.

That's really the only problem I've experienced, and it may also be due to the hardbarked trees I tend to hunt, which we mostly have in the river bottoms here. I'm smaller than you, shoe and weight wise so I'm not much help there, but I don't think you'll regret a beast stand. If you did, they are easy to resell, I've had several offers for mine, but it ain't going anywhere.
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Wed May 31, 2023 8:30 am

Buy it because dan is a brilliant thinker and changed the industry, and it is a great (can't use adjective) stand :!: Oh, and Mario is pretty topnotch too.
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
Groundhunter@1
500 Club

Unread postby Groundhunter@1 » Wed May 31, 2023 9:01 am

Its all I would buy. But trying to.buy one is the issue. It's not for sale in the Store... I know alot of guys who would buy one, if they knew how
Rsnyder
Facebook: na

Unread postby Rsnyder » Wed May 31, 2023 9:34 am

Get on the list w Beast Gear. I missed the first email but caught the next months. Took maybe 6 weeks from first contact. Couldn’t be more pleased. Excited to hunt it this year. Gonna stealth strip this week. Bought used great shape beast sticks. Looking forward to not kicking sticks out. Getting older and clutsy haha
Groundhunter@1
500 Club

Unread postby Groundhunter@1 » Wed May 31, 2023 10:46 am

Thanks
ThePreBanMan
500 Club

Unread postby ThePreBanMan » Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:34 am

The Beast stand is one of many options today that specifically target mobile hunters. However many of these companies have adopted a direct-to-consumer model for sales, which is unfortunate. For what these options cost, which is a lot of loot for the average man, it would be nice to look at them in a store... Sit in them, handle them, etc. Side by side... I get it - going retail can be a pain, and carries its own costs.

My point is, see if you can find someone that has one, so you can check it out. Do the same with others to the extent possible. Then, buy what fits and works for you. You're the one who has to live with the decision and has to shell out the cash. Do what you can to make an informed decision. Advice on this thread is okay, but no one here is going to shell over the cake for your purchase.

Not a dig against any brand(s). I do think the consumer is better served when they can put their hands on something before buying. Most people wouldn't buy a car absent a test drive, right... Or buy a gun absent handling it and performing basic function checks...

Ask if someone here lives near you. See if you can check theirs out.
Jeff Flatness
Facebook: Jeff Dean Flatness

Unread postby Jeff Flatness » Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:38 pm

Thanks for all of your responses guys, I really appreciate it. My main desire is to reduce the weight on my back and when hanging the stand. My main concern is turning around on the stand and having my big clown feet contacting the cables. I am sure that I can get around this problem. Supporting Dan is a big plus for me. I have learned a lot from Dan, but he he as also reinforced many of the things I have learned in my 40 years up a tree. Since tomorrow is June 1st, I better place my order. I'll post my thoughts on the stand after I've had a chance to work with it.
MitchB

Unread postby MitchB » Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:00 am

Jeff Flatness wrote:Thanks for all of your responses guys, I really appreciate it. My main desire is to reduce the weight on my back and when hanging the stand. My main concern is turning around on the stand and having my big clown feet contacting the cables. I am sure that I can get around this problem. Supporting Dan is a big plus for me. I have learned a lot from Dan, but he he as also reinforced many of the things I have learned in my 40 years up a tree. Since tomorrow is June 1st, I better place my order. I'll post my thoughts on the stand after I've had a chance to work with it.

Based on that I think you’ll be very happy with your new stand and some stealth strips. Good luck!
Ghost Hunter

Unread postby Ghost Hunter » Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:04 am

Can someone lock this thread. If we keep talking about that stand sticks. I'm going be trying justify a setup for me. :lol:
I'm reason they call it hunting and not shooting.
Ghost Hunter

Unread postby Ghost Hunter » Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:45 pm

Ha Ha just signed up earlier.
I'm reason they call it hunting and not shooting.
Twenty Up
500 Club

Unread postby Twenty Up » Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:08 pm

4CC690BA-85F4-4CF9-849B-77AF056B74DE.jpeg

Bites like a pit bull, weights as much as a chihuahua.

Suits my needs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trust the Process~~ Lost Boys Outdoors ~~

YoutTube: https://youtube.com/channel/UC7TXknGut5WfZQ6CbddgqYg
MitchB

Unread postby MitchB » Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:42 pm

Dan, any word on when pre-orders will be shipping out? I’ve got a buddy who wants a stand, but he needs one in time for October.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:20 pm

MitchB wrote:

Dan, any word on when pre-orders will be shipping out? I’ve got a buddy who wants a stand, but he needs one in time for October.

He is not going to have an issue if he prebuys... We are getting a constant flow of stands thru production.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”