If you could hunt with any "tv/youtube hunter who would you hunt with?

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Maverick1

Re: If you could hunt with any "tv/youtube hunter who would you hunt with?

Unread postby Maverick1 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:54 am

Some interesting replies here.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
No sponsors. No camera crew. No team. Just me and my bow. And that’s the way I prefer it.
mpernest

Unread postby mpernest » Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:32 am

My top picks for this are likely to be unpopular in some circles. I know these dudes are not universally well-liked in the hunting world.

1. Ben O’Brien
2. Donny Vincent
3. Adam Greentree

My reasons are that philosophically and on general vibe I would gel with these guys, I think.

I very, very, very tangentially know Ben. I am not name dropping - we aren’t buddies and I don’t have his cell number or anything, but I had some limited interaction with him and I really do appreciate him on several levels. I know quite well that he is hated by some who may question his politics, but frankly I don’t give a damn. I will like whoever I want for whatever reasons I choose.

Donny gets panned by some as a poser - a filmmaker pretending to be a hunter. Don’t care about that either. I like his introspective and thoughtful ethos. And he makes darn beautiful films. I would dig hunt camp with him and Ben.

I also know Adam is a hot-button for a lot of people. Again, imma do what I want. The dude is the embodiment of a hardcore outdoor life.

Not really a celebrity hunter per se, but I’d give my eye-teeth to hunt with Dr. Ed Ashby.

But truth be told for real, I don’t care. I will be in the woods in the morning and none of what I said above will matter one whit.
“There is no one else to blame.” -Jocko Willink
DeepSouth50
Facebook: Sara Faye Lawton

Unread postby DeepSouth50 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:43 pm

Dan Infalt and Chipper Jones
Take your bow and a quiver full of arrows and go out into the open country to hunt some wild game for me. Gen. 27:3
brancher147
500 Club

Unread postby brancher147 » Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:31 am

I don’t watch many shows and don’t recognize a lot of names. Deer hunting I guess Warb or Ted from THP. Not necessarily trying to learn anything just seem to have a good attitude and down to earth and be fun to hunt with.

Turkey hunting- Dave Owens
Some do. Some don't. I just might...
Trail

Unread postby Trail » Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:38 am

I think a deer camp setting like THP hosts some years would be fun to join in on. Like some others said I would rather scout with some of the top hunters such as Dan than really hunt with anyone. Being able to time travel back in time and hunt with the Benoits would be the only exception.
PK_
500 Club

Unread postby PK_ » Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:40 am

Roger Raglin.

Jimmmmminny Christmas!
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”