Where is Bill Vale

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Djp32

Where is Bill Vale

Unread postby Djp32 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:48 pm

Somewhere around 2012 or 13 through a google search I stumbled across Bill Vale. I was very new to this type of research when it came to hunting. I just knew that i was hunting heavily pressured areas where big bucks lived but i was not killing them. This guy seemed to know a little something about just that. I bought his Callender and book and even joined his little membership program for a year. Soon realizing that none of this stuff worked in the city limits where i was hunting, there were simply to many other variables that were unpredictable. So anyhow in January of 2016 i bought my own hunting camp in the middle of big woods public where deer acted like deer. Which also eventually led me to the beast. The thing is I haven’t ever heard Bill’s name mentioned once on here or even on a podcast. So my question is and especially for you Michigan guys, is this guy legit and where is he now?

thwack16
500 Club

Re: Where is Bill Vale

Unread postby thwack16 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:51 pm

Ha, impeccable timing.

Southern outdoorsman just did a podcast with him that released Monday. https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/t ... 0535995897
Djp32

Unread postby Djp32 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:56 pm

thwack16 wrote:Ha, impeccable timing.

Southern outdoorsman just did a podcast with him that released Monday. https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/t ... 0535995897

Wow that pretty crazy, ill check that out
Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:09 pm

He did a podcast on The Big Buck Registry a few years ago also. He’s a legit hunter. I’ve read his book and some of his set ups and kill stories are similar to beast style hunting. I’m pretty sure he doesn’t hunt public land. Maybe why his name didn’t catch on on the hunting beast
Djp32

Unread postby Djp32 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:15 pm

His book definitely makes sense but it seems like his main goal was to sell his product. I watched some of his old you tube stuff and its all bout getting you to join his program.
mipubbucks24
500 Club

Unread postby mipubbucks24 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:34 pm

Being a Michigan guy I followed him for a little. I never really found any of his stuff useful, but I should revisit. He seems like a nice guy that wants to pass on his knowledge. Seemed like all his stuff was tactics or strategies, and not really Mature Buck Behavior. The things that have helped me the most from the beast is anything that actually teaches Mature Buck behavior, or things that have helped me see first hand mature buck behavior. The all time great tactical thread is a great resources, also listening to Dans original hunting beast and wired to hunt podcasts. And all the 5/6 year old hunting beast videos. Also the swamp, marsh, hill, & farm bedding dvds. That’s where the money is at for shorting the learning curve.
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:52 pm

When someone starts peddling calendars or magic clothing they lose all credibility with me. Hope the guy makes a million but I don’t give a rats about how he hunts whitetails
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
thwack16
500 Club

Unread postby thwack16 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:53 pm

Just finishing the southern outdoorsman podcast this morning. I agree with a lot of what he says, disagree with a bit. Speaks in a lot of absolutes it seems, and that’s something I’m always leary of.
MichiganMike
500 Club

Unread postby MichiganMike » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:14 am

I listened to him a while back a few times and yeah- if you can get around the sales pitch and into his tactical stuff, he definitely has some good tidbits. I heard he had some health issues so not sure how active he still is. Hopefully he is well. Hes a little quirky on his delivery and methods, but to me the WALL tells ALL and he definitely has one.
Ranger12
500 Club

Unread postby Ranger12 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:49 am

Agreed! But the public land big bucks on the wall tell even more..
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:32 am

Hes probably busy making fake scent trails :lol:
Jimmy wallhanger
500 Club

Unread postby Jimmy wallhanger » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:46 am

I reciently seen a youtube video that I thought was satire. He actually gave his cell phone number out on it. When I first started hunting I seen a video of him apparently doing a land consulation where he advocated leaving your scent literally every where with the thought being Booners will become accustomed to your scent and not view it as a threat come hunting season.

In the podcast on southern outdoors man he said he got his tatics from the bible.... I made it about halfway through then had to stop to bathe my kids. There was some good information sprinkled in with what i thought was unusual musings.

I can't really critcize someone when I am trying ot figure this stuff out myself, and Ive killed one buck n my life and hes done alot more.

He honestly seems a little developmentally delayed, but also seems kinda warm hearted. Im honestly not sure what to make of him.
"I don't care if you use it or not, I could care less, There's no money in it for me, Im not making any money from scent-lok... I'm making a little bit of royalties from the saddlehunter suit"

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”