Corner Crossing in WI Legal?

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

KRONIIK
500 Club

Re: Corner Crossing in WI Legal?

Unread postby KRONIIK » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:17 am

Sailfish_WC wrote:
Tennhunter3 wrote:Personally I don't feel any state should allow private property owners to block a landlocked wma property. Basically the landowner would own the entire wma all to themselves. So the state buys it the landowner infront controls all the state land. That isn't fair to the state, game and fish or public hunters.

The state , ,game wardens still need access to that wma it is part of what they purchased with citizens tax dollers. I could see some huge lawsuits over this. Even threatened to sue someone myself over this happily it didn't go that far. We all deserve to hunt public land.

As a property owner I wouldn't like people walking all over to access public but I do feel that anyone who ask should be given a path they can walk into public the way my state does.
Giving hunters a 2 foot wide path to walk isnt that big of a deal.

I can see both sides.
Hundreds of people going through your land every year, doing who knows what.
Then, again though, it is public land and the public should have access

It's pretty apparent to me that what needs to happen is that the various Government Agencies that manage these landlocked parcels (Forest Service, BLM, etc.) need to be held accountable to allocate some of their generous funding to acquire legal access easements from neighboring landowners.

"You don't want people walking along your fencelines to access the Public land? Completely understood. So would five thousand dollars soften the pain of you having footyprints all over your little desert?"

If reasonable terms can't be reached, the landlocked parcels should be sold and that equity used to purchase other similar parcels that DO have legal public access.

I know, some are going to cry that we shouldn't be selling off any more public lands.
And to a point I agree.
But if they aren't accessible, they aren't Public!

The guys that would cry the loudest if that happened would be the Private landowners that have prevented Public access over their land simply so they could have a nice little Government-funded "Refuge" sanctuary for deer and elk right next door to their properties.

Well, boo hoo... :violin:

Drich

Unread postby Drich » Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:10 pm

Instead of selling the public lands use eminent domain to take the private lands. Place an easement on the land to access the public land, then sell land back to private at a reduced price.

Do it a few times and people may be more willing to sell an easement to allow access to the public lands.
UncleBuck3268
500 Club
Facebook: NONE

Unread postby UncleBuck3268 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:43 pm

I’ve experienced many situations with very hard to access public lands where private land owners bulldoze their own trails for their 4 wheelers or side by sides. That is what upsets me the most. Everybody pays taxes on a piece of land for only a select few to benefit from.
KRONIIK
500 Club

Unread postby KRONIIK » Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:22 am

Drich wrote:Instead of selling the public lands use eminent domain to take the private lands. Place an easement on the land to access the public land, then sell land back to private at a reduced price.

Do it a few times and people may be more willing to sell an easement to allow access to the public lands.

That might be a better option than my suggestion, at least in some cases...
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:43 am

Ol Split ( ) Toes wrote:
Dewey wrote:Thought WI sold all of those landlocked properties awhile back. :think:

Such a load of crap if it’s illegal. As long as the properties are touching access should be allowed in a very narrow corridor.

The Wisconsin outdoor news had an article only around a year or so ago saying between WI and MN there is over 300k acres of land locked public land that is inaccessible.

I know of a few good size chunks in northern WI that are completely land locked, not even a water access.

The deer camp a couple over from my friend Dan's place where we hunt in NE lower Michigan has a landlocked 40 that they touch and basically have run of. It makes their 20 acres hunt real big. They have taken some nice bucks off of it in the last couple years.
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
Swedishbowhunter
500 Club
Location: South East Wisconsin hunts SE,SW, & Northcentral wi

Unread postby Swedishbowhunter » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:32 pm

Drich wrote:Instead of selling the public lands use eminent domain to take the private lands. Place an easement on the land to access the public land, then sell land back to private at a reduced price.

I like this idea
ihookem
500 Club

Unread postby ihookem » Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:34 pm

There are many problems letting strangers just go on private property, and many different opinions here too. As for me, I own land at the end of a road. I am quite sure I even own the land where people get out of their truck and walk in. I know I have no say if they park on the road, however, these discusting inbreds think it is all public , and it isn't. I am also pretty sure I won the land that the DNR gate is on that says " walk in only, no ATV's. The area I am talking about is about 100'x100'. If I really wanted to , I could have it surveyed, and if I owned the land across the road, they would be tresspassing. I really dont care a whole lot, except A holes that leave bags of garbage on my land and gut the deer on the end of the road in front of my driveway. I have no respect for those people. It has been this way for so long it may not even be enforcable anyway. Now, I also have river frontage on the opposite end of the road, and there is public land across the river. It is NOT landlocked, but it is 3/4 mi. through the woods to get there. There is also a private 62 ac. directly across the river from my land. Again, it is not landlocked and the 62 ac. is under managed forest land (open) , and open means anyone can hunt it. NOW , imagine those same A hole inbreds that leave junk all over the end of the road, that is almost surely mine, being able to walk right by my cabin, right by my canoes and drag a canoe to get across the river to get to the public land. I can assure you , my cabin would be broken into and my canoes would now for all practical purposes be public domain for anyone who wanted to use them . I know they would. Why? Cause it has already happened with some bear hunters Yes, they crossed my land, across the neighbors land too , used my canoe to cross the river , and went fishing with my fishing pole that was in my canoe to boot. This is why I am not in favor of legal easements across property if the person owns no land that they are going to . It would be a nightmare and would deem my private property usesless and un sellable. However, by law, if you know exactly where the corner is , and you step over the corner, you are NOT tresspassing anymore than someone flying over your property. If your body does not touch their land, it is not tresspassing. I also believe that the state should buy land that does not kitty corner and what is kitty cornered should be sold and relpaced with land that is accessable.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Mon May 09, 2022 4:30 pm

Start watching at 11:05 :think:

https://youtu.be/XKb-At1d97o

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”