Some things I love about hunting national forest

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Hawthorne
500 Club

Re: Some things I love about hunting national forest

Unread postby Hawthorne » Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:32 am

The freedom to roam has much ground has you want. More than enough for a lifetime

MichiganMike
500 Club

Unread postby MichiganMike » Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:17 am

I agree. the vast amount of land you can hunt and the variety, the challenge of getting on deer and avoiding the people, the element of surprise and not truly knowing what your getting into- or coming out with for that matter.
blackwidow
500 Club

Unread postby blackwidow » Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:06 am

I don't get to hunt it as much as I'd like, but I do try to hit up national forest in a surrounding state at least once per year. I've been trying to find the right person to have an annual bow camp with. That's a lot harder than it sounds.

I love the fact that most tracts are enormous, and I very rarely run into other hunters. A guy can usually walk as far as he wants and doesn't have to worry about boundary lines. It also works very well to have deer camp. There is enough room for everybody to spread out and do some exploring. I love the adventure piece of the vast wilderness areas, and really enjoy not knowing what deer you may see. The uncertainty of the hunt is what makes it for me. Woodsmanship and hard work really help a guy to succeed in this type of environment.
Brad
500 Club

Unread postby Brad » Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:40 am

In have not hunted national forest, but love to hunt public land. What do I love about hunting public land?

the price - I have bever paid to hunt any property. I've only hunted 2 pieces of private property ever, and both were because a buddy invited me.
the mobility - I can go look for where the deer are and hunt there, without the limitations of smaller private properties.
the options - if i'm not finding what I need in that location, there is plenty of other public land to find.
the habitat - most of the public land I hunt is managed pretty well for wildlife, and especially deer. Some are full of bedding as well as ag fields. That's good stuff.
availability - there is a good amount of public land available in my state. I'd be a fool not to take advantage of that resource.

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”