Carp shoot 7/12/13

• Advertisement

HB Store

BigHunt

Carp shoot 7/12/13

Unread postby BigHunt » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:09 pm

had a blast by my self today bow fishing ...man I got fried by the sun! i shot 5 but one slipped off my arrow so i ended up with four. i had plenty of shooting all day it was just the matter of me hitting them :lol: i missed some SLOBS!!!!! i missed some that were pushing 30 + inches! my biggest fish was about in the 25-26 inch range. u can see that one pic close to the bottom , my arrow is 28 inches and that fish is almost that big...i went and bought some GOOD polarized sunglass form cableas that coast me an arm and a leg but its wroth it once you get on the water i could see everything 20-30 yards ahead of me with no glare.....the cheap glasses from Wal-Mart just don't cut it :mrgreen:

anyway i hit up two new spots and im glad i did because i also kicked up some deer bedded alone the river on public land and i was fortunate enough to stumble apon a few beds and witch one i think is a buck bed and active right know!! i got onto to shore and noticed that the willow branches reaching over the river was all nibbled off and the cattails on shore were all beaten down ...i then followed the trail back aways through he cattails...i found were i just kicked out the deer . there was fresh running tracks. i found the bed and fresh hair. its near a bend in the river were a lone tree is up and out of the water. his trails lead out of the bend into the transition line were it then leads down that to the food sources. on one of his trails not far away from the bed is a decent rub ..when i got to the tree line i think i found his staging area not sure...looks like it may be..theres two or three rubs in one small area right as the trail gets to the brushy main land. another thing i noticed is that by the rubs there's old staging sine from last year, nibbling on the red brush ect...also old and fresh scat!! so i picked out my tree just off wind to this trail....im going to sneak into this spot in early season and hope for the best....one good thing is i cant drift by that spot this summer and look for his tracks by the river bank and see if he is till in there.

HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Re: Carp shoot 7/12/13

Unread postby Stanley » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:34 am

Cool.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Bigdaddy-yoyo
500 Club

Unread postby Bigdaddy-yoyo » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:44 am

Very cool Tyler..........hope you score on that buck
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:04 pm

I had an extra 45 minutes so I hit the river tonight...missed two right off the batt ...then on the way back I drilled this 32 inch slob

HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:35 pm

Man BigHunt when you go "in" in something you are ALL IN! Great job!!!!!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:16 pm

Jackson Marsh wrote:Man BigHunt when you go "in" in something you are ALL IN! Great job!!!!!

[ Post made via Android ] Image

What can I say... Dan created a monster :mrgreen:

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Bigdaddy-yoyo
500 Club

Unread postby Bigdaddy-yoyo » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:03 pm

Looking good Tyler :D
Black Squirrel
500 Club

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:49 am

Typical Deer junkie, even an innocent carp shoot turns into a deer scouting mission. :lol: good job on both! 8-)
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:32 am

Good job BigHunt! Keep killing those carp! 8-)

• Advertisement

Return to “Bow Fishing”