First bow fishing trip

• Advertisement

HB Store

GoInLight

First bow fishing trip

Unread postby GoInLight » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:06 am

Man I got back about 5 am this morning from an all night bow fishing trip. I just wanted to say, it was awesome!!! I can't believe I've been missing out on this fun! Also hittin them things ain't easy! Anyway if you haven't tried it, do it it's fun!

Rich M
500 Club

Re: First bow fishing trip

Unread postby Rich M » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:32 am

I just always wondered what folk do with the fish after the trip. The few carp I've caught have been stinky so I tend to leave em be.

I could do it on large mullet, except it is not legal where I fish - no spear fishing or shooting the fish. Can gig em tho.
GoInLight

Unread postby GoInLight » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:43 am

I'm not sure what you're supposed to do with em. We shot mostly carp and drum and we tossed them. We did put out a bunch of jugs and limb lines and caught a good mess of catfish. Caught about a 30 lb flathead on a limb line. My 12 yr old son came along and he loved it!! It's just a blast and you get to shoot the bow a lot!! I see a lot of late nights in my future.
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:28 am

i sell em to some local fisherman and guides who use it for trot line and cut bait. Anyone who's never tried, it's a blast
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
Ghost Pointer

Unread postby Ghost Pointer » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:36 am

It is certainly a blast. Mostly go during the day now, but at night with lights is tons of fun, as well. Went this past Saturday, just waded the river and found some in the shallows.

We usually leave ‘em, but have on occasion given them to a few locals that do in fact eat them.

5050F889-E73C-4789-8D12-894CB7D5FF65.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

• Advertisement

Return to “Bow Fishing”