Prevailing wind tool

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

ghoasthunter
500 Club

Re: Prevailing wind tool

Unread postby ghoasthunter » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:03 am

Lopedog699 wrote:
ghoasthunter wrote:
ghoasthunter wrote:
bowhunterga wrote:
Whitetailaddict wrote:Thanks for sharing. Remember to recheck the wind at the truck and at the stand as it doesn't always line up and if it doesn't make a note of it for future reference

Agreed. I have maintained a log for many seasons now of wind direction realized in specific locations versus what is in the forecast and what is detected where the truck is parked. :clap:

I do this too I will hike back to my spots periodically with different winds and confirm the winds for my data

also measuring wind speed is valuable I carry a kestrel wind meter for this really helps on the so called low percentage days when the wind is howling I have special trees for those times.

You got a link for that meter ghost?

no but if you google hand held wind meter you will find them I bought mine from midway usa I think. I originally bought mine for shooting my bolt guns over a thousand yards.

THE MOST IMPORTANT TOOL A HUNTER HAS IS BETWEEN HIS SHOULDERS
Quest1001

Re: Prevailing wind tool

Unread postby Quest1001 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:55 am

It looks like wondfonder now wants you to pay for more detailed wind direction history. It posts one historical wind direction. Is there another source that’s being used for free historical wind direction info?

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”