How much scouting you get done this year?

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

wolverinebuckman
500 Club

Re: How much scouting you get done this year?

Unread postby wolverinebuckman » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:12 am

Before green up, I got in a few good scouting sessions in Michigan, then a few months later decided we were going to move to Kentucky! So here I'm at ground zero, and with as busy as it been (and so sticky hot!) I likely won't do much more than in season scouting, and probably only on our property. I may venture out into the surrounding public lands, don't know yet. I know there are those living on our property, we've seen three in the yard already. Without getting meat in the freezer last year, and Kentucky allowing four deer, one buck... I've got to get myself used to shooting some does if we're going to have meat for the year.
I've still got a few pretty hot spots that I've been working on finding, since joining the Beast, back in Michigan, and might consider doing an OOS hunt this year, for sure in the future. I have 3 solid beds that I would love to hunt early-season, and should continually hold good bucks.. historic sign was of the hook!

Bummer of a birthmark, Hal.
Enkriss
500 Club

Unread postby Enkriss » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:42 am

All the scouting I have done this year is for not.

I accepted a job offer in another state. If there is any silver lining I use to live in that area. Might be going by memory and hope they are using the same beds they were 4 years ago. Might be doing a lot of in season scouting and scout and hang hunts. Might get interesting...
john1984

Unread postby john1984 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:11 pm

wolverinebuckman wrote:Before green up, I got in a few good scouting sessions in Michigan, then a few months later decided we were going to move to Kentucky! So here I'm at ground zero, and with as busy as it been (and so sticky hot!) I likely won't do much more than in season scouting, and probably only on our property. I may venture out into the surrounding public lands, don't know yet. I know there are those living on our property, we've seen three in the yard already. Without getting meat in the freezer last year, and Kentucky allowing four deer, one buck... I've got to get myself used to shooting some does if we're going to have meat for the year.
I've still got a few pretty hot spots that I've been working on finding, since joining the Beast, back in Michigan, and might consider doing an OOS hunt this year, for sure in the future. I have 3 solid beds that I would love to hunt early-season, and should continually hold good bucks.. historic sign was of the hook!

Now you can start bowhunting Sept 1st correct?? That should make ya feel good ;)
wolverinebuckman
500 Club

Unread postby wolverinebuckman » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:41 pm

john1984 wrote:
wolverinebuckman wrote:Before green up, I got in a few good scouting sessions in Michigan, then a few months later decided we were going to move to Kentucky! So here I'm at ground zero, and with as busy as it been (and so sticky hot!) I likely won't do much more than in season scouting, and probably only on our property. I may venture out into the surrounding public lands, don't know yet. I know there are those living on our property, we've seen three in the yard already. Without getting meat in the freezer last year, and Kentucky allowing four deer, one buck... I've got to get myself used to shooting some does if we're going to have meat for the year.

Now you can start bowhunting Sept 1st correct?? That should make ya feel good ;)

Yes, very much looking forward to the "early season" Dan has spoken so much about!
Bummer of a birthmark, Hal.

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”