First RUB found in TN.

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Tennhunter3
500 Club

First RUB found in TN.

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:08 am

Today I scouted a new spot in a area I hunted for several years just a tiny spot.

Found a buck bed by a log.
A shed 18 yards from bed.
Walked down the ridge and saw a balloon on ground and by it sat the first rub of the year.

Shed is bigger then photo good mass for this area. Probably a old buck on decline.

Jkh.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Tennhunter3 on Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Re: First RUB found in TN.

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:09 am

Screenshot_20200910-130326_Gallery.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:10 am

Yfrt.jpg

Squirrels chewed it up bad
HunterBob
500 Club

Unread postby HunterBob » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:35 pm

Sweet find! Pretty early for rubs here in the south. I'll have to keep my eyes open during the opener here on Saturday.
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:33 pm

HunterBob wrote:Sweet find! Pretty early for rubs here in the south. I'll have to keep my eyes open during the opener here on Saturday.

I agree I think this is the earliest rub I have ever found.
HunterBob
500 Club

Unread postby HunterBob » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:52 pm

Tennhunter3 wrote:
HunterBob wrote:Sweet find! Pretty early for rubs here in the south. I'll have to keep my eyes open during the opener here on Saturday.

You must be onto a good spot with all that sign. You planning to hunt it soon or wait awhile before returning?
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:18 pm

HunterBob wrote:
Tennhunter3 wrote:

You must be onto a good spot with all that sign. You planning to hunt it soon or wait awhile before returning?

I have so many spots.
With the acorns being in the buck bedroom if i did sit it early he would probably just stand up and eat. Its really overlooked so it's not going to dry up. Funny thing is this spot i had listed as check out spot for the last few months.

Just got my scent all over it ill prob wait till mid October till the acorns in bedding have been eaten. The buck will need to travel to food at least a hundred yards.

This is 3 days in a row I've found a new good spot really strange. Sometimes I go a week scouting and not find one.

I'm at 30 spots this year.
Plus a few at my local wma for days I can't drive a long way.
HunterBob
500 Club

Unread postby HunterBob » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:55 pm

Tennhunter3 wrote:
HunterBob wrote:
Tennhunter3 wrote:

I have so many spots.
With the acorns being in the buck bedroom if i did sit it early he would probably just stand up and eat. Its really overlooked so it's not going to dry up. Funny thing is this spot i had listed as check out spot for the last few months.

Just got my scent all over it ill prob wait till mid October till the acorns in bedding have been eaten. The buck will need to travel to food at least a hundred yards.

This is 3 days in a row I've found a new good spot really strange. Sometimes I go a week scouting and not find one.

Wow, that's great! I've watched some of your posts and know you have worked hard to find these spots. I hunt in North GA, which sounds similar to some of your areas. There is literally no ag fields where I hunt that come into contact with public.

I've tried focusing my scouting this year on small beaver swamps to find more focused bedding nearby. Only been minimally successful with this so far.
Trout
500 Club

Unread postby Trout » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:08 am

Thats awesome, sounds like a great spot to keep tabs on this year.
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:40 am

HunterBob wrote:
Tennhunter3 wrote:
HunterBob wrote:
Tennhunter3 wrote:

I have so many spots.

Wow, that's great! I've watched some of your posts and know you have worked hard to find these spots. I hunt in North GA, which sounds similar to some of your areas. There is literally no ag fields where I hunt that come into contact with public.

I've tried focusing my scouting this year on small beaver swamps to find more focused bedding nearby. Only been minimally successful with this so far.

Thanks
Yeah we have no fields here on public either. Just oaks, pines, thickets ,alot of clearcuts and swamps.

Good luck in Georgia this year.

Due to being off for covid I've had a tremendous
amount of time to scout. The crazy price changes from China on motherboards and power supplies has definitely been noticed.. Some have increased over 60 percent from what they were in 2019. On a upside ill have plenty of days to hunt this fall.

I just been scouting hard 4-5 days a week.

Hope you have a great season in Georgia this year keep me posted.
HunterBob
500 Club

Unread postby HunterBob » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:53 am

Tennhunter3 wrote:
HunterBob wrote:
Tennhunter3 wrote:
HunterBob wrote:
Tennhunter3 wrote:

I have so many spots.

Thanks
Yeah we have no fields here on public either. Just oaks, pines, thickets ,alot of clearcuts and swamps.

Good luck in Georgia this year.

Due to being off for covid I've had a tremendous
amount of time to scout. The crazy price changes from China on motherboards and power supplies has definitely been noticed.. Some have increased over 60 percent from what they were in 2019. On a upside ill have plenty of days to hunt this fall.

I just been scouting hard 4-5 days a week.

Hope you have a great season in Georgia this year keep me posted.

Thanks, you as well. Sounds like you certainly will have some chances this year. Hope that something good comes both our ways in 2020.
Bonecrusher101
500 Club

Unread postby Bonecrusher101 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:03 am

Tennhunter3 wrote:

X2! Nice work!
Be original and Enjoy every step along the adventure.
HunterBob
500 Club

Unread postby HunterBob » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:51 am

So I found two small rubs today on the opener. Nothing worth taking a picture of, but man is that early for Georgia. Felt like October out there with the leaf fall as well.
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:57 am

HunterBob wrote:So I found two small rubs today on the opener. Nothing worth taking a picture of, but man is that early for Georgia. Felt like October out there with the leaf fall as well.

:clap:
Good luck on this afternoon hunt.

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”