Thoughts?

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

WIswampdweller20

Thoughts?

Unread postby WIswampdweller20 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:19 am

I’ve located a buck bedding area adjacent to some impressive sign, and I have some theories about how to approach it, but where it gets a little hazy, is the vantage points the buck has are all facing the wood lot which is about a 100yds away through intermittent thick patches with moderate visibility. The water to the south is a big lake with a fair amount of relatively dry ground spanning the distance to the shoreline from the beds, albeit fairly tall grass. If the bed was backed up to the water more an off shore wind would make perfect sense. I found the bed on an on shore wind day stalking cross wind and to the best of my knowledge I did not bump him out of it. Obviously there could be a number of explanations for this, but based on the lack of cutoffs to a predator approaching to the south and the fact that visibility seems to be focused to the North East and West from the respective individual beds, is this a multiple wind location?

WIswampdweller20

Re: Thoughts?

Unread postby WIswampdweller20 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:06 pm

Here’s the layout…
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”