Easternshore Maryland beds

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Eastcoasthunter91

Easternshore Maryland beds

Unread postby Eastcoasthunter91 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:16 am

Anyone from the easternshore whether it be delaware or maryland? i see many videos about bedding but all pertain to states with ridges, etc but its flat as a piece of paper here and looking for some tips on how any other local finds beds

Grizzlyadam
500 Club

Re: Easternshore Maryland beds

Unread postby Grizzlyadam » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:50 am

Years ago I read a book called real world whitetail behavior from a guy named Jim Roy. He hunted and did a bunch of deer studies in that area. That was the first piece of literature that I really learned a lot about deer from and really opened my eyes to a lot of things. I never hear anything about that guy these days, I would love to hear someone do a podcast with him or something.
Wlog
500 Club

Unread postby Wlog » Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:28 am

Yes I’m from ESMD. For starters it only takes a small elevation change to make a difference. I’m talking a couple feet. Bedding is very predictable here. Elevation is just one factor. Are you talking farm ground, Marsh, swamp??? Too much to type right now. I’ll get back to this later.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
Eastcoasthunter91

Unread postby Eastcoasthunter91 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:45 pm

Wlog wrote:Yes I’m from ESMD. For starters it only takes a small elevation change to make a difference. I’m talking a couple feet. Bedding is very predictable here. Elevation is just one factor. Are you talking farm ground, Marsh, swamp??? Too much to type right now. I’ll get back to this later.

I have found a few beds on humps made by logging from years ago but all have been doe beds I’ve verified with cameras. I mostly hunt timber that has some areas that hold water in the interior that’s near a river system and a few spots near ag that’s private

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”